Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep forgetting to release it. My first day riding, I got into 2nd gear before I remembered it! Numerous times, I start to back it up and I've left in on. Once it tripped the breaker to the starter. I've got to start thinking of the thing as a kickstand. I never had a problem remember it pull it up.

I know people that have though. :eek

·
Just Ride
3,754 Posts
Install a bright led and switch to the emergency brake to remind you to release it. Ofcourse where it can be noticed.

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
Put a sticky note on the inside of the windshield !

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Install a buzzer or light that signals you when the e brake is engaged.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
There's actually a small light on one of the dials, but I'm too stupid to see it.
Replace it with a brighter light, or attach some kind of buzzer inline with the light.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I rarely use my parking brake.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have finally got used to it. So much so, I automatically set it without thinking about it. Very rarely do I forget to disengage it now. Getting a little smarter with old age, I reckon.

·
Ridin Through
9 Posts
Parking Brake

Other than parking on a very steep angle is there any real need for this brake ? I'm thinking about taking it all off, I think it looks ugly. I am talking about removing it from a Freewheeler not a fully loaded TriGlide which I'm sure is a lot heavier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I asked Motor-Trike in Tyler/Trump Texas about their Trike Kits since they don't install emergency brakes on all trikes they convert. They advised "you don't need the emergency brake unless parking on a steep incline, just leave it in 1st gear". Decided to try that myself since my 2012 emergency brake was no longer easily adjustable. Now I just leave the trike in 1st gear when I park and it seems to be holding the trike fine. On steep inclines, I use a wood block that I keep in the trunk as a wheel chock just in case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts