Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Dave has removed himself from the site, after negative comments about LEO's, especially after the execution style shootings that happened in PA, of fellow officers, and how the actions of the shooter were somehow justified.

He grew sick of defending the many officers who put their own lives at risk to serve and protect, over a few bad apples who were tarnishing the reputation of the many.

To those of you who are responsible, go eff yourselves. You drove away one of the smartest, funniest, and most giving people I have ever had the privilege of meeting, and thankfully I get to call a friend.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
It is sad that a few bad apples really do ruin it for everyone... I feel lucky that I was able to meet him! And yes he is as nice of a guy as everybody says he is. ..he is missed

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
dave is a stand up guy that was shat upon by folks here in a time when he needed our support. I will always consider him a friend and will answer if he calls upon me, but I respect his distance.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
dave is a stand up guy that was shat upon by folks here in a time when he needed our support. I will always consider him a friend and will answer if he calls upon me, but I respect his distance.
Agreed.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
I too wondered what happened. This is just wrong. Dave, if you happen to read any of this, you are missed. I have never met or talked with you, but, your insight, experience and presence are missed. To the d-bags that attack our LEOs physically or verbally, do everyone a favor and quit breathing, soon. I, myself have had more police and law enforcement contact then the average person. All my fault. We need these men and women and I was able to look in the mirror and accept responsibility for my screw ups. They do the job we ask them to do and we need them.
Hope you can come back Dave. You are missed.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,125 Posts
To those of you who are responsible, go eff yourselves. You drove away one of the smartest, funniest, and most giving people I have ever had the privilege of meeting, and thankfully I get to call a friend.

Yes...
I'm with you stangs...

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts

Yes...
I'm with you stangs...

Where do I sign?

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Amen, glad I got to meet him in VA. One Heck of a nice guy.

·
245 Posts

Yes...
I'm with you stangs...

Well said......
I don't expect anyone to respect anything any more.
It's just the politically correct society we have become.
Everyone is a winner, everyone gets a trophy, everyone needs a hug.
BULLSHIT!

Until you walk a mile in a mans shoes, you have no right to judge! If people can't keep ignorant, asinine, opinions to themselves more good people will withdraw from the ramblings of the morons of the internet. Keyboard Rambo's!
Yes, I'm fortunate to call him my friend.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I echo the above sentiments, and loudly, at that.

I will also add that when I was a new member of this forum and had just acquired my bike, that I knew nothing about, it was primarily the knowledge that Dave had so freely and painstakingly posted on this forum that enabled me to avoid a disastrous engine failure. His technical expertise is seemingly limitless and his sharp wit was always quick and spot on.

It is absolutely maddening that the stupidity exhibited by persons who have nothing but ignorance to contribute to this forum within the framework of so few posts could be responsible for the loss of such a wealth of knowledge and strong character.

Dave may know how we feel. I just hope the lowlifes responsible see this so they will know how we feel also.

--

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,454 Posts
Dave is very much missed. Wishful thinking on my part, but I certainly wish there was some way we could convince him to give it one more try.

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
It seems to me that the moderators of this forum should BAN the jerks so Dave can come back. I am assuming that they are known to some of the moderators.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Does anybody know if Dave is a State Trooper? If so maybe he can pass his knowledge of law enforcement on to my nephew who is going through the State Police Acadamy as we speak. With what I have read on here and learned from him we would also be a great training officer. Stay safe out there Dave.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Never got the chance to meet him in person, but I felt like he was a friend. He was always there to give very helpful advice and make you laugh when the day was not going good. We all miss you Dave. I wish you the best and hope things are going good for you. Maybe one of these days I will get to bump into you!!!

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Dave took me under his wing and walked me through what must have been simple to him. I am thankful for his guidance and patience when I needed it.
Thanks Dave, you are greatly missed.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.