shine brighter.
It's so?
Than they differ except a reflector?
What it is better?
Whether it is necessary to change?

·
Registered
39,575 Posts
I think the non reflector version is brighter.

Seems that way from the ones that I have seen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the reflector version and it works quite well. I have heard the reflector version puts more light off the side of the road and doesn't have as much of a pronounced cutoff line. That said I haven't used the projector version so I can't personally compare them.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
I know for what I have seen, the projector style, I dont see any light from approching bikes unless they are heading straight at me. If its at an angle like they or I are in a curve, I cannot see light until were pretty straight in line... I dont think Ill get them now seeing that. I WANT PEOPLE TO SEE ME AND FOR ME TO SEE...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the Daymaker projector on my 14sgs major improvement over stock ,both for seeing and being seen. My wife saw me from our front yard as I was coming home from town over half mile away. Yes there are short comings and the newer versions are getting better all the time. Judging from a comparasion to my buddy's Daymaker reflector,the projector has more reach and reflector more front fill. The wife's last three cars have had projector head lights so I was familiar with the focused pattern. If you're not used to it you might have issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts