Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I'm riding this year all the damn way from Dallas. Not towing part way (like a couple years ago). Not taking the car (like last year). P'Cola for business Tuesday. Staying at the Cabbage Patch Wed nite. Gonna make the V-rod 5th meet 'n greet at the Ocean center Thursday morning. But heading south Thursday after the shindig. Business calls in Ft Pierce and Ft Lauderdale. Spend one nite with Mom and another with College buddies. Then a "heroic" run from Ft Lauderdale to Dallas, leaving Sun am early. I have to be on a plane to Chicago from Dallas on Tuesday.

I pray for reasonable weather.

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Headed there myself with trailer in tow:eek: Taking wife, kids and mother inlaw to the mouse park (Disney world). Figured I could find my way there in the afternoons. I'll need the break:D

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Not me, not this year. Will probably be a few years before I get that way again.

·
Steve
262 Posts
I'm having my bike shipped out from California to Daytona. Will spend a few days there then ride back home. Really looking forward to it.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last year, I rode back to Dallas from Ft Lauderdale in 22 hours. Piece of cake.

I STRONGLY recommend an AirHawk seat cushion, however.

And Gerbing electrics.

And XM radio.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
damn I wanna go this year. Was supposed to, but with economy, funding, bills (same ole story) can't do it this year, 3 of my friends from here in my area are going down, one is trailering his bike, two are flying down.

maybe next year

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
There's a group of guys in NJ that takes their bikes to our terminal and straps them to big pallets. We put them on a truck and bring them here to our terminal. they fly down and come pick up there bikes and ride them to Daytona,which is 100 mi. and when it's over they bring them back here and strap them down again and reverse the process. I guess they want to go real bad,been doin it for the 6 years i've been there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts