Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 99 fxdx and am I search of an 01-05 fxdx.

Found an 01 with only 1800 original miles. The bike is mint mint mint brand new. All black and all the right touches however its $9300 bucks plus $645 shipping to my location. Is this bike worth this premium considering miles? Thanks

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
Why is an 01 FXDX worth that many bones???

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
And, IMO, that doesn't add a significant premium to the value. It should not be worth more than the same bike in the same condition with 18,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Just FYI, Craigslist in my area (GA) today has an '05 with 6k miles for $7.5k, an '07 with 2k miles for $9.5. That '99 is gonna need new tires, unless you are ok riding on 14 yr. old rubber.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
True, but he did properly store it and started it every so often. I'm not concerned that its been sitting. It is basically a new bike but not sure if its worth that premium

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
If you bought it, dove it home and the garage collapsed on top of it, the insurance company is going to give you NADA or some kind of variant of that. They're not going to pay that same premium.

First and foremost, buy the bike you want. If that's it, then the rest doesn't matter. But it will expose you financially if things go bad in some way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the link. Il keep looking, im looking for a true fxdx with the blacked out motor and tranny. Found an FXDXT at a dealer for 7995 with 5700 miles, but low and behold it is already pending sale....the search continues...

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
thanks for the link. Il keep looking, im looking for a true fxdx with the blacked out motor and tranny. Found an FXDXT at a dealer for 7995 with 5700 miles, but low and behold it is already pending sale....the search continues...
Sorry, my bad. I didn't pay close enough attention to your wanting a FXDX, specifically. If I see a deal, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been looking for an fxdx however stumbled upon an 01 fxdp today with 17k miles for 6900 bucks...new paint, bars, no floor boards but now has forward controls. Any word on the fxdp? Good bike? Thanks for any input

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
I think they are pretty cool cause they were "Police" bikes. That in itself is a unique thing. They are great bikes from what I have read.

-Rohan

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
I found this on the web:

"FXDP is the Dyna Police Defender ... a Super Glide designed for use as a police bike ....

It is not a Low Rider or Wide Glide or other model ... the last year of production was 2004 (although it shares parts with many of the 1999 - 2005 Dyna variants) ....

The Defender was noted (and coveted by many) for the floorboards ... later reproduced by Wyatt Gatling. Defenders also had longer forks and shocks."

Looks pretty desirable if you google them.

-Rohan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts