Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new here and wondering how many dealer or Motor Co. employees are members, what you do, and where you are?
I work for Mobile Bay H-D in Mobile Al. and I am the chrome consultant. I ride a 03 FLTRI in Silver and Black.
Ride Safe
Suprdav

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Chrome consultant? Seriously?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I believe by "Chrome Consultant", It's someone to help you pick out goodies for your bike (and most of it IS chrome) and make sure you get the right part, the first time. They also probably chat with buyers of new bikes, to see what accessories they want dealer installed, as soon as their new bike comes in....

Harley makes a pretty fair part of their profits on accessories and not just new bike sales.

If you think about it, as rediculous as it sounds, it's really a good idea....

Most people can't even look up an air or oil filter in a book, in the Automotive section at Walmart. HD probably saves money paying someone like our new member, over having people look up stuff themselves, then return it because it was wrong....

Not to mention.....you can add some of the stuff to your new-bike price and throw it in with the financing, if that's the route you chose....

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
The installed parts also fall under the factory warranty when purchased this way.

Suprdav, Do you stand up on your footpegs before entering tunnels and low clearance overpasses? :rofl: Welcome!

·
What?
3,256 Posts
The installed parts also fall under the factory warranty when purchased this way.

Suprdav, Do you stand up on your footpegs before entering tunnels and low clearance overpasses? :rofl: Welcome!
That was my next question - is Suprdav 's last name was Osbourne. I haven't seen that show in years.

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Althogh I have had many nicknames in my life the Suprdav came from the daredevil SuperDave Osbourn. He had one of the funniest bits on TV.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Although I have had many nicknames in my life the Suprdav came from the daredevil SuperDave Osbourn. He had one of the funniest bits on TV.
Those Super Dave skit's were/are priceless.

I'd hate to see what happened that you earned that nickname! :D

·
Vanilla Gorilla
1,384 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts

·
Screw It Lets Ride
291 Posts
Geezzz Chrome Consultant... what a great gig

I work for the Motor Company in the IT department

2008 Ultra looking at an '09 ultra in Candy Root Beer

·
Registered
81 Posts
I`m goin on day 4 tommorow workin at the Local Harley Dealer!!! I gotta say I love it , I worked at the Yamaha dealer for the last year and a half and I am glad I`m finally with Harley and it feels great. Right now they are breaking me in as a shop-helper developing into Technical Apprentice. And ps I`m only 19.....

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,499 Posts
Going to work in motor clothes every day isn't to hard to take either....

uh, ......... doesn't everybody? :eek7

1 - 20 of 21 Posts