Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the local dealers sent email saying if you had touring bike that had clutch recall work to be done they were offering some deals on other services oil change excreta
does not apply me just wondering if other dealers are doing this????

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
Sounds like that dealer is hustling. Good for them. Wish more dealers used a little imagination once in a while. Two dealers here in Louisville and one in Lexington and I get all their emails but nothing to date about a little better deal on other stuff if going in for clutch or any other recall.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nothing here either. N. AZ . Is there an Indian dealer nearby? Things changed at my dealer when a Victory /Indian dealer opened across town.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I stopped in the dealer where I bought my ultra limited and the parts guy noticed I installed some accessories. He asked me where I got them. I told him I ordered from the dealers offering a discount and free shipping. He was pretty quick to offer 20% and said he would ship anything to my house for $5.00.

Where was that offer when I bought the bike?

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
I stopped in the dealer where I bought my ultra limited and the parts guy noticed I installed some accessories. He asked me where I got them. I told him I ordered from the dealers offering a discount and free shipping. He was pretty quick to offer 20% and said he would ship anything to my house for $5.00.

Where was that offer when I bought the bike?
Don't ya hate it when a vendor doesn't offer you squat till another vendor does? And even then he is playing "catch up" and only offering what you are already getting elsewhere. I would tell him I already have what he is offering and to get any of my business he has to offer MORE than what I'm already getting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have played their game before, go in and tell them what others are offering and see what they will do, if they are not willing to deal right away just give it a day or two, they will call and usually have a better deal, that is if you can wait, I am impatient and it is always my downfall.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have played their game before, go in and tell them what others are offering and see what they will do, if they are not willing to deal right away just give it a day or two, they will call and usually have a better deal, that is if you can wait, I am impatient and it is always my downfall.
Or just order from Kutteronline.com right now. No negotiation needed.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Or just order from Kutteronline.com right now. No negotiation needed.
If you don't do something every now and then to support your local Dealer, he may not be there when you need'em..Everyone has to make a living . :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you don't do something every now and then to support your local Dealer, he may not be there when you need'em..Everyone has to make a living . :)
That's what my dealer said. I didn't realize I had the give up stewardship of my money to own a Harley. I am buying Harley Davidson accessories.

·
Banned
71 Posts
That's what my dealer said. I didn't realize I had the give up stewardship of my money to own a Harley.
:what? Really now ? :what?

If you don't see what is being said, then there is little hope for you . :dunno

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Diddley here in Texas too.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,967 Posts
Nada down here.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
When I had to get mine flashed after cruise install service mgr asked where I got the unit. Told him Harley dealer online. He said strange because the don't make them anymore. I think he is nuts but that's just me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree. To an extent.

Making a killing is not the same as making a living.

Local shops (regardless of industry) often fail to realize this.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I agree. To an extent.

Making a killing is not the same as making a living.

Local shops (regardless of industry) often fail to realize this.
OK, I'll put it in a different prospective then . Dealers get a 18% markup on bikes and a 100% markup on everything else. Sure sounds like a bunch to me , until you look at other shops and their markups .

Household furniture........... 1000%
Diamonds........1000% at each step .

The ones who are "getting screwed" are the grocery stores ... 1-3% profit margin .

:think

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok on radio today thru the end of may free life time service at new Orleans Harley
not sure if parts or labor thinking must be labor and that's only on new bike from them but its something

·
Banned
1,357 Posts
I've tried to support my local dealers several times. They just make it too difficult. I gave up after the last attempt. I called four different dealers and got different answers for each. Three were just right out rude on the phone as if I was bothering them. The last one was pretty cool to talk to but they are on the other side of town.

I've decided i don't need the dealer unless I'm buying a new bike, and no business should be allowed to operate with poor customer service. To hell with them.

Just my .02

1 - 20 of 26 Posts