Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
F'n A
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a stereo in my 02 Electra Glide Standard for quite a while now. So.. I have been looking at the bike stereo manufacturer's websites. Lowest price I could find for an amp was from a well known place that wanted $350. for an amp that would put out 32 watts per channel. Average cd players/head units put out 17. I am not impressed.

Alpine recently came out with an amp that puts out 45 watts per channel and is as compact as some of the MC companies amps. Alpine realized that some people would like to have an amp but don't want to go through the wiring hassle of wires under the mats and mounting in the trunk of a car. Pretty smart move.

This unit is plug and play. You hook it up between the head unit and wiring harness. Which most cars have the room for in the dash. Only catch is that it only hooks up to Alpine head units that are five years old or newer.

ABC Wherehouse has them on sale for $99. right now and you can get a decent alpine head unit online for $150-$200. Even though they're not a 100% waterproof I think it's a no brainer. I have read good reviews on this amp. I'm thinking heat shrink around the connections to help with the waterproofing.

Here's a link. Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The Soundstream PN2.350D can be found for that. It is a very good amplifier and it's size and power consumption make it well suited for a bike.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Anyone know if I can switch out an existing Amp and speakers that comes with the HD Boom!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts