Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,865 Posts
Almost any bike can be made to fit almost any individual.
Relocate the pegs\floorboards, foot controls. Add highway pegs. Change the risers, bars. Change the seat.
It`s called personalizing. Changing a bike is not only about making one you think looks good. It is also about tailoring it to fit you and your style of riding.

Go to a Dealer. Set on any and all models available. Find one that comes the closest. Then figure out what needs added\changed to make it yours.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Pretty much anything but a sporty can work for any one over 6' and if you want to look like a bear on a bicycle the sporty will work too.

Had a brother that was 6'3" ride a 1200 for years...He's glad to be on his Wide Glide now.

·
246 Posts
Some dealers have a "fitting tool" that you can sit on and take some measurements to help get the right bars, seat height, controls position, etc.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The stock bikes are targeted for the 5'9" to 6'2" or so. If you are shorter or taller than that, you are going to have to make some modifications to any of them.

I am about 6'4" and ride a 2011 Ultra. I have changed the seat to scoot it back a couple of inches, and I changed to wider and taller handlebars.

I have also changed the windshield. My bike is very comfortable for me know.

·
Wayward Son
23,865 Posts
If they make the Fatboy, maybe he should see if they make a Tallboy?
:think
Hurry up and copy right the name. Then you can sell them the rights to use it. Plus a royalty fee per Tallboy sold of course.
Just remember where you got the idea from when the checks start rolling in. :know

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
:think

Hurry up and copy right the name. Then you can sell them the rights to use it. Plus a royalty fee per Tallboy sold of course.

Just remember where you got the idea from when the checks start rolling in. :know

I promise I'll forward a generous share of every nickel I get.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts