Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in th market for a new ultra limited, either a 2014 or 2015 model. Where is the best place to purchase one? I went to Harley world in Oklahoma city and was given a pretty decent price and a good trade in value on my 07.

Any suggestions? Who knows of a dealer in a 3 state area of Texas that deals and no salesmen BS?

Thanks
Glenn

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,457 Posts
Unless you are related to or have known and been good friends with the stealer for years and years, expect the BS, but once you make the deal, you'll love the Ultra Limited.

·
Registered
11,033 Posts
You say they quoted you a decent price and a good trade in allowance. That's great. And that's probably as good as it gets. If you know them and they are reasonably close my vote is you go for it. Otherwise, you may only save a small amount and have to go a long distance and there may be other considerations that also eat up or negate any additional savings.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Call Adam Smith Texas Harley in Bedford, Tx. Heard they will deal. Couple of buddies of mine are closer to a different HD stealership in the area, but ended up buying from Adam Smith. They actually discount off MSRP.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sometimes when you buy closer to home your better off. If you can get a good deal close to home then god forbid you have a problem they can come get you and take care of it. Ive gone into local dealers and said hey I bought the bike here, can you fit me in or take care of it right away and they have said we take care of our own and got it in right away. Buying local does have its advantages.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Adam Smith is closest to my house. Also I have been doing business with them for for awhile. We will see.

Glenn

·
Registered
87 Posts
What I do is a lot of research to find prices on the bike of choice and then the trade in value I need to get. Then go to the sales manger and tell em this is what I want and this is how far I can go cost wise. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
That is how I got my 2012 cvo street glide. traded a 07 ultra with 60,000+ miles on it told em I would do $18,000 difference. They came back with 18,550 so I took em up on it. Came with 5 years extra warranty and 5 year tire and wheel warranty with 20% discount on accessories for 30 days.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Since your centrally located in Oklahoma, ya might try Wind River HD down in Lawton. No promises, but wouldn't hurt to check. And you can always play one dealer off of the other one..... Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I too try to buy as local as possible for the reasons mentioned earlier. That being said, I've been to a few of the dealers in the Dallas area and have heard of some of the deals (not so good) down there. You might consider Paris HD in Paris Texas. Not too far from you. Ask for Jake (salesman). I've bought a couple of bikes from him. I think they will beat the price of most of the Dallas area dealers by enough to make the drive.

I've also heard that Old Fort HD in Ft. Smith, Ar. makes pretty good deals. even over the phone, but I can't say first hand. Maybe give them a call. couldn't hurt.

whichever way you go, hope your happy with your deal.

·
Former Lurker
2,896 Posts
In my last purchase, (14 Limited) I got pricing from the last 2 dealers I bought bikes from (both were out of state from where I live now) and then went in to my local and made a deal.
I agree with trying to keep a good relationship with the local stealer...

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Call Toby at San Jacinto HD in Pasadena. Tell him Ron sent you. I drove my '14 Ultra Limited out the door for $28K. Republic in Stafford and Goe in Angleton couldn't touch that price.

·
Registered
165 Posts
What I do is a lot of research to find prices on the bike of choice and then the trade in value I need to get. Then go to the sales manger and tell em this is what I want and this is how far I can go cost wise. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
That is how I got my 2012 cvo street glide. traded a 07 ultra with 60,000+ miles on it told em I would do $18,000 difference. They came back with 18,550 so I took em up on it. Came with 5 years extra warranty and 5 year tire and wheel warranty with 20% discount on accessories for 30 days.
+1, My style of buying as well . . . knowledge is power. KNOW what you're credit score is and tell don't ask what you're willing to pay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts