Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Stage One w/Heavy Breather put on my 2008 Super Glide a couple of months ago. The mileage was up around 42 mpg and ran great. Ran two tanks of gas through it with no problem. It started rattling a little bit and at first I thought a heat shield was loose. Filled up yesterday and mileage had gone down to around 32, and seemed to run rough. Got home pulled the dipstick and it was full to the top of the stick, thin and smelled of gas. Please tell me I'm not screwed....

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Not good, but very unlikely to have anything to do with the install of the Heavy Breather. More likely scenario is a blown ring off the top of my head, but it's late so take that with a grain of salt.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
294 Posts
Fuel in the crank case=cylinder wash down. What has to happen next is to find out where the fuel came from. Does it have a lot of miles? Give us a little background on the bike and any/all engine mods. Was it running on both cylinders?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
I agree with everyone else, you've got gas going to your crankcase, which equals less mileage and oil thats shot. Don't run that engine with that stuff in the gas. Did you pull your plugs to see what color they were?

·
Registered
36,962 Posts
I gotta ask this question.... How did you determine that the crank case was full of oil?

·
Registered
36,962 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am not sure if you have a carb or injectors but witch ever one you have it is putting too much gas to one or both cylinders. If its a carb. its most likely a sticking needle if an injector it is probably stuck open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts