Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Living the dream
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking I may want to purchase a driver's backrest for my Deluxe. This isn't for every day use, just on longer trips (like to C III). Any suggestions from the crew that don't include the Assistant Coach's boobies?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Flat Land *******
2,765 Posts
I have a Utopia on my police solo seat and love it. Mustang also makes good stuff. All depends on what seat you're running.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I just scrolled through 200 Softail backrests on E Bay. They are quite different than for touring. Try and find one that is adjustable WHILE you are riding (hydraulic/lever). I had a manually adj. one on my Electra Glide and absolutely hated it. It would irritate my back after a while,and I'd have to stop to raise or lower it. Had to remove the seat, etc. break out the tools, to change angle of it. Now I have one that I just pull a lever and it adjusts back and forth about 4 inches. Really makes a difference for me.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,441 Posts
I've got a manually adjustable backrest and I love it. Set it once and forget it, at least for me. I always have to readjust it after service, but it takes seconds.

·
Hard Member
3,255 Posts
I had a Mustang manual one, then a friend swaped me a Harley manual for some chrome. I love it!

My wife hates either one and asked me not to use them while she is on

·
Registered
6 Posts
the bike came with a Harley back rest that was a piece of crap, I got the mustang back rest and its a big difference with the mustang back rest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts