Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is estimated that there are about 300 millions guns owned by Americans. It is estimated that we buy 12 billion rounds of ammo each year. There are also about 1 million people who reload. So, I'm thinking to myself. I have 1 shotgun, 2 hand guns, and a .22 rifle. I'm a noob when it comes to the pistols and yet I keep about 500-1,000 rounds for each pistol, about 500 rounds for the shot gun, and my .22 is still in Michigan. If I were going to take a scientific wild ass guess I would say there is probably 150 billion to 1+ trillion rounds of ammo sitting in American homes.

Then a psycho nut job massacres people at a concert and all of a sudden the Democrats think "we have a serious gun problem". I am of the opinion they don't even know what a serious gun problem looks like. If we had a serious gun problem it wouldn't look like Vegas. That would pale in comparison. Try taking away 300 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammo and you'll see what a serious gun problem really looks like.

Two wine coolers and I get all philosophical and shit.

·
Try'n to behave
5,526 Posts
The thing is...

It's not going to be; Today everything is good, tomorrow they pass a law banning all guns and ammo for civilian ownership, the following day police are kicking down doors confiscating property, because in that type of situation...you are 100% right. There would be a hell of a lot of shoot'n back...some of it might even come from people whose doors haven't been kicked in yet.

What it will be is; After an incident like Columbine, Aurora, Sandy hook,. or now Vegas, there will be new "reasonable, common sense firearms restrictions" passed banning certain weapons/features "for the safety of the community/country". People will nod their heads and say "that's not too bad, I can live with that" or "that is reasonable" or "we'll give this one up since it's not winnable anyway so we don't have to give up more later". People will comply with the law and get rid of their newly mandated "illegal" items. In a simple matter of time, the people will have sticks and stones to defend themselves with. They will be reliant on the state (which has no duty to protect you) to protect them. And everyone will look around and ask themselves what happened. Once these laws are in place, they are nearly impossible to get rid of. If the "Assault Weapons Ban" had not had a sunset clause, do you think we would still have it, or would our trusted congress have repealed it?....want the answer....take a look at the Hughes Amendment or the GCA of '84 or the NFA.

I look at states like Komifornikstan and New York/New Jersey/Massachusetts (almost all of New England now that I think about it) where I don't see too many "assault" weapons with detachable 30 round magazines and pistol grip stocks, or vertical for grips, where certain handguns are not allowed, or magazines with more than 10 rounds, that are owned by anyone other than the elite (meaning government officials). Yet you almost never hear of anyone standing up and saying "enough"...and fighting back for their rights. If they did, they would be labeled a "domestic terrorist" and the sheeple would nod their heads and say "yep, that one is a crazy and shouldn't be allowed to own a gun".

Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologise for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of everyday routine, the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition, the totality of television. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, where upon important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, are celebrated with a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are, of course, those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well, certainly, there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. They were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic, you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night, I sought to end that silence. Last night, I destroyed the Old Bailey to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago, a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words; they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest that you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me, one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgotten.

- V
Sorry for the rant. It's over now.

·
Official Forum [email protected]
3,582 Posts
Well Steve , allow me to retort...;)...you're point about New England is spot on but what you have to understand is the underlying personality of the average NElander . We've had some pretty good conversations down in S Florda so you have an idea of what you'd get up here sittin 'round with us , picture a bunch of me's , :eek , . You would NOT get the azzholes that make up the famous liberal dickheads you think of . NElanders will still be the first to bear arms should the shit hit the fans , do not doubt it . Anyways , under NO circumstances will American's allow OUR guns to be taken away...think of how many former Veterans are out here , not to include current Vet's , LEO's of all shapes and sizes , and our world-famous rednecks and hillbilly's...:thumb I feel very safe for us and the next several generations at least...after that it won't mattah cause we ain't guhhah be here anyways...:know

Now go get your shinebox...:grin

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is...

It's not going to be; Today everything is good, tomorrow they pass a law banning all guns and ammo for civilian ownership, the following day police are kicking down doors confiscating property, because in that type of situation...you are 100% right. There would be a hell of a lot of shoot'n back...some of it might even come from people whose doors haven't been kicked in yet.

What it will be is; After an incident like Columbine, Aurora, Sandy hook,. or now Vegas, there will be new "reasonable, common sense firearms restrictions" passed banning certain weapons/features "for the safety of the community/country". People will nod their heads and say "that's not too bad, I can live with that" or "that is reasonable" or "we'll give this one up since it's not winnable anyway so we don't have to give up more later". People will comply with the law and get rid of their newly mandated "illegal" items. In a simple matter of time, the people will have sticks and stones to defend themselves with. They will be reliant on the state (which has no duty to protect you) to protect them. And everyone will look around and ask themselves what happened. Once these laws are in place, they are nearly impossible to get rid of. If the "Assault Weapons Ban" had not had a sunset clause, do you think we would still have it, or would our trusted congress have repealed it?....want the answer....take a look at the Hughes Amendment or the GCA of '84 or the NFA.

I look at states like Komifornikstan and New York/New Jersey/Massachusetts (almost all of New England now that I think about it) where I don't see too many "assault" weapons with detachable 30 round magazines and pistol grip stocks, or vertical for grips, where certain handguns are not allowed, or magazines with more than 10 rounds, that are owned by anyone other than the elite (meaning government officials). Yet you almost never hear of anyone standing up and saying "enough"...and fighting back for their rights. If they did, they would be labeled a "domestic terrorist" and the sheeple would nod their heads and say "yep, that one is a crazy and shouldn't be allowed to own a gun".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKvvOFIHs4k

Sorry for the rant. It's over now.
I agree with you. It will be a subtle but continuous erosion of our 2nd Amendment rights. Although I don't own an AR type rifle, I don't own a bump stock, and so on; I got really ticked off with Liberals wanting to restrict them or ban them. It's as simple as give an inch and they will take a mile.

I have a very close friend whose husband is a Sheriff officer. He came home about a year ago and told her that the day will come when he will have to resign. He would only tell her that one day his superiors will ask him to do something that he will refuse to do and will have to resign. They have since bought one of those "sea" containers and placed it on their vacant land out in the boonies and stocked it with all sorts of things that one might need in a bug out situation, including dirt bikes, etc. I can tell you Jeff is a calm reasonable man and for him to spend the amount of money he spent doing that, he was pretty spooked by something in a serious way.

As long as I see them coming first, they won't find me.

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
It is estimated that there are about 300 millions guns owned by Americans. It is estimated that we buy 12 billion rounds of ammo each year. There are also about 1 million people who reload. So, I'm thinking to myself. I have 1 shotgun, 2 hand guns, and a .22 rifle. I'm a noob when it comes to the pistols and yet I keep about 500-1,000 rounds for each pistol, about 500 rounds for the shot gun, and my .22 is still in Michigan. If I were going to take a scientific wild ass guess I would say there is probably 150 billion to 1+ trillion rounds of ammo sitting in American homes.

Then a psycho nut job massacres people at a concert and all of a sudden the Democrats think "we have a serious gun problem". I am of the opinion they don't even know what a serious gun problem looks like. If we had a serious gun problem it wouldn't look like Vegas. That would pale in comparison. Try taking away 300 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammo and you'll see what a serious gun problem really looks like.

Two wine coolers and I get all philosophical and shit.
I like the way you think!...:wink

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
have you noticed how quickly the vegas shooting died down. And the dems shut the hell up about bump stocks. Old Schumer himself told them to shut up about guns.....they lose elections every time they git on one of these gun grabbing rants. But you let'um git control of the House an Senate and they'll be wide open. Course Trump will veto it.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Oh yeah, you're 100% right. Once they started realizing the uproar and backlash amongst the gun community, and realizing just how close to waking that sleeping giant that they came...Also with help to the NRA opening their fat mouths before thinking... They really died-down with all the gun control shit. They realized just how hard it will hit them in the polls for 2018.

You can only piss off the 2A crowd for so long, before they start literally taking up arms against you for trying to be a bunch of tyrannical dickheads. We already dealt with that once, against a MUCH greater adversary, and our numbers were WAY fewer back then, and we won... Our numbers are mighty and we are legion now, we can surely do it again with barely breaking a sweat this time. Ball's in their court... :thumb

As for the NRA, I still got no love for them. Not unless they make a HUGE change for the better and quit selling us down the river, and start fighting back to fully-restore our 2A rights (as writ), and start fighting back as hard as the gun-grabbers try to take more away. Don't just hold them at-bay...FIGHT!!! PUSH!!! TAKE ACTION!!! Be pro-active for our 2A community. Stop being a bunch of fat-cat Fudds who only care about quail hunting, shotguns, cigars and brandy, and your old-world way of thinking. The future is now...We must think modern! We must have an NRA that thinks modern.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,438 Posts

·
Asylum Inmate
11,438 Posts
I agree with you. It will be a subtle but continuous erosion of our 2nd Amendment rights. Although I don't own an AR type rifle, I don't own a bump stock, and so on; I got really ticked off with Liberals wanting to restrict them or ban them. It's as simple as give an inch and they will take a mile.

I have a very close friend whose husband is a Sheriff officer. He came home about a year ago and told her that the day will come when he will have to resign. He would only tell her that one day his superiors will ask him to do something that he will refuse to do and will have to resign. They have since bought one of those "sea" containers and placed it on their vacant land out in the boonies and stocked it with all sorts of things that one might need in a bug out situation, including dirt bikes, etc. I can tell you Jeff is a calm reasonable man and for him to spend the amount of money he spent doing that, he was pretty spooked by something in a serious way.

As long as I see them coming first, they won't find me.

Damn .... The damage we could do to each other! ........lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
Even though the anti-2ns Amendment noise has slowed way down at the federal level, look at what is happening in some state houses and some local locations. The anti's have changed their tactics a little and have gone local from the national stage.

·
Registered
20,840 Posts
Gun grabbers aren't just crazy, they are criminals.

NRA lobbyist says his home has been vandalized twice

A lobbyist for the National Rifle Association says anti-gun protestors have targeted his home at least twice, including spraying his house in Virginia with fake blood, as well as protesting at his wife’s business.

Chris Cox, an NRA lobbyist who lives in Alexandria, just outside of Washington, D.C., claims that left-wing protestors have stood outside his wife’s interior design business to hand out flyers, created an anti-Cox website and created posters with photos of child victims of gun violence to hold outside his home.

An attorney for the family told the Washington Post in a statement that the protestors’ tactics have “crossed the line.”

“Mr. and Mrs. Cox have been targeted over the past few months by repeated acts of criminal and unlawful conduct, including having their home vandalized on two occasions,” attorney Elizabeth Locke said. “These coordinated tactics have crossed the line of civility and human decency.”

Patricia Hill, a professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, was arrested after allegedly spraying the blood on the Cox’s home in January and charged with misdemeanor property destruction. She also allegedly sprayed the substance last October.

Amanda Gailey, also a UNL professor, and Catherine Koebel, a biologist, are co-founders of activist group The Great American Gun Melt. They have kept their protests to holding signs and handing out flyers, and told the Post that police confirmed their protest was legal.

Koebel claims that Cox’s wife, Courtney Cox, knocked Koebel’s phone out of her hand during a brief confrontation outside Cox’s interior design business, and scratched her, prompting Koebel to file a police complaint.

Cox strongly denies Koebel's description of their interaction, her attorney told The Hill.

Gailey and Koebel said their aim is to introduce a more radical, farther-left approach to gun control activism, and to shame Cox in his own home, rather than at NRA headquarters, where he could easily ignore it, according to the Washington Post.

Betsy Riot, an anonymous activist group who has taken responsibility for creating the anti-Cox website, told the Post that the gun-control movement has “needed a left flank for decades.”

The NRA has been the target of protests and boycotts for years, but the anti-gun movement has ramped up its actions in recent months, following the deadly mass shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school in February, which pressured dozens of companies and organizations into cutting ties with the gun group.

·
Registered
37,207 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
here goes (dam I'm on a roll today)
I do not own a bump stock but feel I should have the right to.
I own guns both for protection and fun.
I have no trespassing signs on my fence (and I mean it).
I went to a local gun show to day nothing jumped out and said buy me but did talk to a lot of people.
I had one of my granddaughters with me 8 years old and my wife kind of a family outing
several folks commented on how there were very few children in attendance (and of course how well behaved my grand daughter is ) I would encourage all of you get your kids grand kids niece nephew involved in the right to bear arms and how it does keep our country free and our fathers grandfathers and great grand fathers fought and died for that right.
Not a privilege a RIGHT given to me because of the price that others paid (thanks for letting me rant ) sorry if I hi jacked the thread
Sara

·
Try'n to behave
5,526 Posts
here goes (dam I'm on a roll today)
I do not own a bump stock but feel I should have the right to.
I own guns both for protection and fun.
I have no trespassing signs on my fence (and I mean it).
I went to a local gun show to day nothing jumped out and said buy me but did talk to a lot of people.
I had one of my granddaughters with me 8 years old and my wife kind of a family outing
several folks commented on how there were very few children in attendance (and of course how well behaved my grand daughter is ) I would encourage all of you get your kids grand kids niece nephew involved in the right to bear arms and how it does keep our country free and our fathers grandfathers and great grand fathers fought and died for that right.
Not a privilege a RIGHT given to me because of the price that others paid (thanks for letting me rant ) sorry if I hi jacked the thread
Sara
I would only like to correct you on one thing; it is not a right given to you by the price others have paid...they paid that price (most quite willingly) to protect a right given to you by your creator. I do believe that my fallen brethren in arms would not want to take credit for giving you something that you already had.

Other than that....:thumbsup

·
Registered
20,840 Posts
NRA blasts YETI after outdoor sports company cuts ties with gun group, report says | Fox News

The National Rifle Association reportedly slammed a popular outdoor sports company in an email to its supporters Sunday after the store became the latest business to cut ties with the group.

The NRA called YETI’s decision to cut ties unsportsmanlike, according to News 4 JAX.

"Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why,” the email reportedly read. “They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike."

The message continued: “In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy outdoor recreational and educational programs."

The NRA has come under fire since the Parkland High School shooting, which left 17 people dead in February. Celebrities and activists formed the NoRA Initiative last week to combat the gun lobby and the politicians who accept money it, according to Deadline.

YETI's move followed companies such as Enterprise, Hertz, Alamo, MetLife, Delta Airlines, United Airlines and First National Bank of Omaha that have ended deals with the NRA.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
If all my YETI shit wasn't so GD expensive, I'd go toss it in the trash...

That is a bullshit move on their part. They're fixing to lose a metric shit-tonne of sales...Maybe to the point that they might even back-track on their stupid maneuver they just made... Most of their sales are outdoors people or those who support guns and gun rights. Most of their sales come from outdoors stores that sell guns and hunting equipment. I hope alot of them tell YETI to shove it up their ass when their next order time comes around.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts