Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some lower fairings that are black pearl and I need to do some body work on them and then paint as close to a match as possible. What denim black are you guys using to get it pretty close to the Harley denim black?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fellas I found the blitz black at local Deere dealer, aerosol cans are 11$ each or a gallon for 34$. Probably grab a gallon. What clear coat did you guys use or didn't you? Wondering how I am gonna finish it off.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Fellas I found the blitz black at local Deere dealer, aerosol cans are 11$ each or a gallon for 34$. Probably grab a gallon. What clear coat did you guys use or didn't you? Wondering how I am gonna finish it off.
Cool looks like they just changed the name.

As for clear coating, you could matte coat over it, but the paint is the same JD stuff I've used, it doesn't need a to coat.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
blitz black is correct. its more of a mat clear than flat. i sprayed my fairing air deflectors and did them flat 1st and didnt match, did a mat finish and they were on.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't think you use clear. part of the denim black experience is that the paint is supposed to fade/wear something like your jeans do over time. BTW don't wax your denim black paint or flat black paint for that matter. You can buy a special cleaner for the denim black at a Harley dealer or you can buy other products made to clean flat paints.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would you guys get the gallon or rattle cans? How many cans for two unvented lowers inside and out?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would get rattle cans unless you are equipped to spray paint. the gallon cans need to be thinned and then you need a spray gun etc. to use them. I would first try with the rattle cans and don't forget to follow the instructions. you can probably get by using 2 to 3 cans. Here is a youtube link showing how to spray the john deere stuff. the trick is to go with light coats as we all have a tendency to try to spray too much on at a time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCF6qOTNmpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts