Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Harley Ultra Classic and I am considering installing the detachable tour-pak conversion kit so I can ride without the tour pack on when not needed. My concern pertains to the wiring for the speakers and lights in the existing tour pack. Has anyone installed this detachable kit and dealt with the wiring issues.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
A few guys around here have the detachable kit. They have disconnect plugs on all the wires and when they take the tour pak off they tuck all the wires under the seat. As far as the antennas go they have both switched to hidden ones in the fairing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
+1 but I didn't get xtra antenna b/c I listen to mp3 cd or plug in iPad shuffle - radio picks up ok & weatherband ok but have not tried it in hilly terrain...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just finished mine. I used deutch connectors under the seat for speakers and lights. Relocated the intercom plug to the fender strut with a p clamp. Will use hidden antennas when I pull the fairing again.
When I pull the pack off, all the extra wires come too so I don't have to cram it all under the seat.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I just finished mine. I used deutch connectors under the seat for speakers and lights. Relocated the intercom plug to the fender strut with a p clamp. Will use hidden antennas when I pull the fairing again.
When I pull the pack off, all the extra wires come too so I don't have to cram it all under the seat.

Nice! Share some pictures if you want please. ..I would like to see that! I'm thinking about doing that

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is nothing that hasnt been done before but it did take me a bit to come up with all the info.

Added Tri-Bar light to rear facsia
Light 59600008 Ebay from 2015 Street Glide
Harness 68828-10 Bought at dealer
Used blue and black wires
Cover 69615-10 Bought from dealer
Screws 2995 Bought 2 from dealer

Relocated License plate
Light Bar and Bracket Ebay "Older Style" Street Glide
Tail Light Lens Ebay "Older Style" Street Glide
Modified an existing license bracket to add my Custom Dynamics flashing brake light
Added red turn signal lenses that I already had.
All wiring for Tri-bar light and CD light was connected inside the taillight housing along with license plate light built into light bar.

Now the reason I started it all
Detachable Tour Pak mount and docking kit from Ebay.
Made an adapter plate to move the Tour Pak back 2" for my wife's comfort
Used (3) 6 pin deutch connectors to disconnect wiring. One for each speaker wire harness and one for the 5 wires going to the lights in the Tour Pak. All connectors under the seat.
Left the headset wiring harness on and attached it to the docking kit plate with a P clamp.

Realized the Touring Seat was UGLY without the Tour Pak so got one from a 2009 Street Glide to use when the pak is off. It hasnt came in yet.

I have not dealt with the antenna yet. I will add J&M Flexpower hiddens in the fairing when I get to it. I am working my way forward.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1422106135.579023.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1422106162.584383.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1422106182.475926.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1422106196.112169.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1422106209.332002.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts