Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good product for all around wiping down and polishing my bike? (Paint, Chrome...) Does anyone use Mequire's Quick Detailer on Chrome?

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Looks like good stuff. Can you drink it, though? Stuff's about as expensive as Patron Platinum. Haha!

I usually just use Windex, but I think there are random fingerprints in the stuff. Also have been using Lucas Speed Wax. Works well, too.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I did use pledge with great results until they changed the ingredients...I just used HD scratch remover..... Under the guidance of Dave 63 I will be trying some Mequires quick detailer.....

·
Earth-bound Misfit
607 Posts
Griot's Garage Speed Shine. I buy it by the gallon...

Speed Shine® - Griot's Garage

Even works well on those damned Norfwoods flying bug carcases.

Used to use a H*nda spray polish that worked pretty well, too. It did everything: polished paint, plastic screens, shined tires, protected vinyl...whole nine yards. Stuff wasn't cheap though.

A coat of wax every now and then doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Tried some 3m hand glaze yesterday and liked that alot..I find that most wax leaves my black paint looking cloudy if that makes any cents to ya..

·
Earth-bound Misfit
607 Posts
Tried some 3m hand glaze yesterday and liked that alot..I find that most wax leaves my black paint looking cloudy if that makes any cents to ya..
Yes. I use that stuff too and its great on black paint. Not as easy as detailer, but works well.

·
Registered
527 Posts
didnt have good luck with the pledge, used the kind in blue can. not sure if that was the problem or the fact it was extremely hot out when i tryed it. hd quick detail works well but gonna try some meguires quick shine next

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've always used Mequires on my cars but wasn't sure about chrome. I just got my V7 and will try it next week when I get back from vacation. I've always been into detailing as I used to clay bar and seal and wax my car twice a year. But I like something to really make stuff shine when it's not really dirty.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use Blue Ribbon Stay on Glaze as a cleaner wax and oxidation remover mabe once a year. Over that or waxing a clean vehicle I use Collinite 885. The Collinite itself in tests has recived exellent marks for shine 6 months after application. The best only lasted a month as excellent.
For quick dedtailers now using Zymol Spray Glaze.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I use Blue Ribbon Stay on Glaze as a cleaner wax and oxidation remover mabe once a year. Over that or waxing a clean vehicle I use Collinite 885. The Collinite itself in tests has recived exellent marks for shine 6 months after application. The best only lasted a month as excellent.
For quick dedtailers now using Zymol Spray Glaze.
How do you like the Zymol and what do you use in on? I was looking at that the other day....

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Zymol Spray Glaze seems to be good for all but rubber ( dosent hurt it just isnt for it). Looks better than anything I have used so far. Several of my show car friends like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
meguire's makes a good all surface cleaner for motorcycles that I use. It works well. It of course is not the same as doing each piece with a cleaner specifically for that surface but no all around cleaner is.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts