Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Fatboy 100 year Anniversary model. Buying it from secnd owner, who had bougt it from his brother who bought it new. He states that when his brother ordered the bike, he was given the option of having the standard 88ci motor, or as a special option could order it with the 95ci engine. He states it has the 95ci motor, but I haven't heard about that option for the 2003 models. Can someone clue me in on this ??:what?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I could be wrong, but if its got the 95 cu in engine, I'm pretty sure it has to be a Screamin' Eagle. And in 2003 they only offered the SE in the Road King and the Deuce. Now it could have been reworked from the 88 into a 95. But I don't remember a stock 95 in anything other than the SE. I'm sure someone else here can confirm or fix what I've said.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
They didn't offer the 95 cubic inch motor in the Fatboy until 2005 when they brought out the 15th Anniversary Edition so I would say he either had the big bore kit installed before picking it up or the guy you bought it from was confused.

-Rohan

·
Retired citizen
23,374 Posts
Also if it was reworked to 95ci there wouldn't be a visual cue either. No change to the outward appearance.

·
Registered
11,993 Posts
You could have a big bore kit installed by dealer at delivery. There should be a record if it was done at a HD dealer. If not some one is blowing smoke. Unless indy shop did it, then you need receipts from them.

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
he either had the big bore kit installed before picking it up or the guy you bought it from was confused.

-Rohan
This.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the input. After talking more from the seller, it seems like his brother, who left it to him when he passed away, that he had the mod done at a Harley dealer. The bike came with no maintenence records of any kind, or even a manual. :fitz His brother had lived and died in Florida and the bike was shipped to Nevada from there when he died, so unless I could talk to him through a medium, there won't be any answers about this. I wonder if the motor could be mechanicly checked by our local dealer to ascertain if it actually has this upgrade from 88ci to 95ci installed.? Way over my head for sure :eek

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
Only way to check would be to measure piston/bore size as that is the only thing that changes from 88 to 95 inch motors, unless you are able to find out which dealer did the upgrade and ask them if they have records of doing the upgrade.

Manuals you can get from Kutter HD, just plug in these part numbers in the website below.
http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/

Owners Manual 99469-03

Service Manual 99482-03

Electrical Diagnostics Manual 99498-03

Parts Manual 99455-03B

There is also an online owners manual that you can access, if you set up an account on the HD website here:
https://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/maintain-your-bike/owners-manual.html

·
Banned
71 Posts
Only way to check would be to measure piston/bore size as that is the only thing that changes from 88 to 95 inch motors, unless you are able to find out which dealer did the upgrade and ask them if they have records of doing the upgrade.

Manuals you can get from Kutter HD, just plug in these part numbers in the website below.
Harley Davidson Parts | Screamin Eagle Parts | Performance | Boom Audio

Owners Manual 99469-03

Service Manual 99482-03

Electrical Diagnostics Manual 99498-03

Parts Manual 99455-03B

There is also an online owners manual that you can access, if you set up an account on the HD website here:
https://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/maintain-your-bike/owners-manual.html
I would highly recommend getting all four of them . :thumb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts