Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have come up before but I haven't seen it. Sorry if it's an old topic.:eek: Has anyone named their bike? My friends all told me it was a definite must! So I named her (yes it's a girl:p) Dragonfly. She roars like a dragon (small radius drag pipes) and flies like a bat out of....well you know where! Anyone else?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Good name. The name for my bike is not really official but I call her The Black Widow. With her all blacked out mean look.

·
Enigma
217 Posts
Either "Kamots" or "The V"...a few other have popped up when things don't work right

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Iso Iitaa.

It's Finnish for "Big Arsed Betsy" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,197 Posts
Isn't it funny how they just have to have a name?
Hmmm? I don't have names for my bikes, and never had the urge to have names for cars and bikes in the past.
I may know what's the difference in perspective between someone who does and does not.

I think I am more of a motorhead than most.
I think the urge to give human characteristics to a machine, or any kind of a personality,
is called personification. By definition, imagining the machine with personna.

Rather that imagine the machine with it's own awareness or a personality, I am inclined to do the opposite,
to feel a oneness with the machine.
I can imagine feeling the absence of personna, in it's place "machineness." Mechinna?

Would I enjoy being the metal soul of a Harley?
To be that robust, that visceral, to produce from my core, that easy, throbbing pulse and power always available on demand?

Oh yeah.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,197 Posts
KBO! Shame on you! Where is your mind, anyway? :eek:
Phallic symbol? No way! :confused:

I just happen to have five feet of earthshaking power thrust out in front of me, coming from between my legs. :cool:
It absolutely IS NOT suggestive of anything. :ride :ride

·
DIRTBOY
919 Posts
i don't have one but my buddies with Harley's call it buddy lee... the whole denim blue thing i guess.... LOL

·
Old Fart
349 Posts
Bummer - sorry your "bike" was not named, a fact that I imagine poses manifold difficulties.

My latest scoot came with a name: Harley Davidson FXDL (Low Rider).

Monk

·
DIRTBOY
919 Posts
LOL Salty

1 - 20 of 77 Posts