Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 street bob that I've had for a year now. I recently got an oil change at the dealership and headed out for a 2 day ride with the wife. Halfway back we noticed oil on my right leg and pulled over. Then we noticed there was oil dropping out of the air filter and down the motor onto my exhausts. I took the air filter off and noticed lots of oil coming out. So I researched it and found allot of people having this issue and it was from overfilled oil that it was common in my bike. I just wanted to make sure that it really just is that and is there a way I can make it not leak? Or is there a chance that it could be something else and I need to get it looked at? Cause I am by no means a mechanic. It was a big deal for me to just take the air cover off. I figured it wasn't a coincidence happening right after I get an oil change and we know how dealership mechanics are.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Quote (Didn't know where to post. First time post.) end quote

perhaps for first post go to welcome section and introduce your self. Then on to the engine section or what every your motor bike problem is post in that section.
and so on an so on hahahahahaha Howdy

OPPS i see your in the welcome area hahahahah my bad. How about Introducing self. then hahahahahaha
im lost dunno what im doing or where im at gimmy a beer till i figger this out hahahahahaha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok sorry, I should have welcomed myself first.

hi everyone I'm Chicken Joe from Austin tx and a first time Harley owner. I recently purchased a 2011 street bob for my wife and I. Thanks for having me in your forum.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Ok sorry, I should have welcomed myself first.

hi everyone I'm Chicken Joe from Austin tx and a first time Harley owner. I recently purchased a 2011 street bob for my wife and I. Thanks for having me in your forum.
Don't mind the kid...he's drunk...again..:drunk

Oil change from the Dealer, I'd say they followed the book and put in a full 3 1/2 qts... only needed 3 qts to be full .

"Borrow" the wifes Turkey baster and pull some oil out until it's halfway between full and add on the dipstick . :thumbsup

Then go buy the wife a new Turkey baster . :thumbsup :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.