Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 07 street bob I bob used a couple months ago. Since ive put probably four or five tanks of gas through it. However Ive had a problem a couple times. Ill ride it for a while then when go to slow down for stop light or to turn itll die. I will hold clutch in and start it back up and off I go. While ridding down the highway I notice nothing all seems normal, so don't think its the fuel filter. The first time it happened was just after I washed it and thought water had got something wet and caused it. Usually it happens just once and good but a week ago it did it four or five times. I have a couple theories but want some other opinions.

·
Registered
40,446 Posts
Run some injector cleaner through it and try a different gas station.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on trying seafoam. I have gotten gas a different stations and I always go to the gas stations Ive always used cause I trust their gas.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Likely it's the IAC (idle air controller) they get gummed up and don't work right. Easy to fix/clean with FI cleaner (carb.) put the straw at the 12:00 position in front of the injector butterfly and spray. You'll see dirty stuff come out behind the butterfly. Good idea to stuff a rag in there to catch it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I plan on trying seafoam...
I've never really believed in those "tune up in a can" sort of things, but a mechanic friend recommended Seafoam for a little Honda car I bought from an old guy that drove it like an old guy all the time. It was kind of running rough, hesitating on acceleration... that kind of thing. I tuned it up, but it didn't help.

The mechanic friend said it's probably dirt build up from being babied for so long and I should put Seafoam in both the oil and in a tank of gas. Sure enough, it smoothed it right out! I guess the stuff really works!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Likely it's the IAC (idle air controller) they get gummed up and don't work right. Easy to fix/clean with FI cleaner (carb.) put the straw at the 12:00 position in front of the injector butterfly and spray. You'll see dirty stuff come out behind the butterfly. Good idea to stuff a rag in there to catch it.
That was one of the thoughts I had also. I have wondered the easiest and best way to clean it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts