Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got ahold of Progressive to see what they recommended as a replacement for the stock rear air set up for my '01 UC. I told them that I weigh 220, my fiancé is around 120 and we almost always are 2 up and loaded with gear in the saddle bags and tour pack as well a a T-Bags Dakota on the luggage rack.

They recommended the Progressive 444-4020, I went looking around and found a 944 set on Eastern Performance for just about $100 less.

I have no idea what the difference is and am wondering if anyone can help me discern if there IS an advantage of one over the other. I have seen some folks put on the 444s and say they love it and I have heard some say they have put on the 944s and love it. I am sure they are both a solid improvement over the stock suspension, but would I be going wrong by going with something different than what the folks at progressive recommends?

In the end of the day, I want to be able to smooth out these South East roads a bit and not hurt my fiancé's back. Any opinions?

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
The 944 will lower the bike 1" as its a 12" and I beleive the UC takes a 13" atleast my 2013 did. And I did the HD version as Im also heavier then average rider and ride 2 up alot. Try www.onestopmoto.com they have great prices and great customer service. I think I got mine with the front HD springs for 520 shipped.

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ultra, I tried to hit their web site a few times but I get an Invalid Hostname message each time enter their URL, even off of the link I get from a google search.

So really, the difference is lowering the bike an inch? Might not be such a bad idea since I put on the Road Zeppelin seat, hmm... Just gotta think about tire clearance...

·
Rider
1,541 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
You'll have no problems with tire clearance. I have 944's and weigh 240. My wife is 130 and we pull a trailer. The ride is way better than OEM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts