Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into getting a chin spoiler for my 98 dyna...
im seeing where the 06 model year is reported to be different and the chin spoiler will not fit the older bikes...
does anyone know the real difference, the one im looking at appears to look like it would fit Harley Dyna Streetbob Fatbob Switchback Wide Glide Chin Fairing Spoiler | eBay

does anyone know why it wouldnt..front motor mount appears to be the same...are the bolt holes different (center to center) or is the frame alittle wider in the front?

i kinda want to chance it because i really like this style over the other spoilers offered
hopefuly someone has some input for me

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
In 06 they redesigned the frame. They made it stronger, more rigid, and made it have less flex. Because of that, accessories aren't always interchangeable if at all. They may look the same in spots, but if you measure I bet the distances are different as well as frame tubing diameter and stuff.

Not really an answer, but some info anyway...rereading your post, I am fairly sure the frame is wider. I can measure an 07 tomorrow if you want and tell you what it is.

And detailed pictures. Tell me whatcha want and I'll make it happen. Maybe you could modify if to work if nothing else...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea if you could measure the center to center of the front motormount bolts, the outer distance of the lower frame rails right about at the 90 degree angle...pretty much where the spoiler would mount...and im not sure how far up the spoiler will go...maybe 7 inches but if you could measure the outer distance say about a foot up...this will give me a good idea of the angle ....also if you could measure the inside distance on the bottom between the rails...or atleast if you have a caliper...measure the tube thickness...

i appreciate it man thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts