1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just Ride
3,751 Posts
Chrome

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you sure? I do not believe the Deluxe would be referred to as a heritage softail. I am pretty sure that when someone says Heritage Softail or they say Heritage Softail Classic, they are referring to the same bike. Sort of like when I say ADD instead of ADHD.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you sure? I do not believe the Deluxe would be referred to as a heritage softail. I am pretty sure that when someone says Heritage Softail or they say Heritage Softail Classic, they are referring to the same bike. Sort of like when I say ADD instead of ADHD.
You are absolutely correct.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
OH, now I get it. You asked if there was a difference between a tomato and a tomatoe. The Deluxe is basically a Heritage Softail just as a Street Glide is an Electra Glide. Lots of differences, but the same basic model.

·
Registered
49 Posts
OH, now I get it. You asked if there was a difference between a tomato and a tomatoe. The Deluxe is basically a Heritage Softail just as a Street Glide is an Electra Glide. Lots of differences, but the same basic model.
No, apparently you don't get it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Back to the original question

Is there any difference in a 2008 heritage Softail and a heritage Softail classic?
There are some differences - I don't know all the differences on a 2008 model, but -

I think the Classic has a two-piece seat and the regular does not -
should be options and trim that are different

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
The 08 Softail Heritage is a Heritage Classic without the windshield and some of the chrome. But it does have the saddle bags. The handle bars are like the Softail Delux.

The Heritage Classic has the mini apes, windshield and leather saddle bags. The softail delux has no saddle bags, no windshield and standard handlebars (not mini apes)

CONFUSING and don't forget the mods if it is pre-owned

·
Registered
803 Posts
2008 FLSTC=Heritage softail classic
2008 FLSTC ANV= 105th Heritage softail classic
2008 FLSTN= softail Deluxe

There was no Heritage softail in 2008, however in 2006 there was.

2006 FLST/I =Heritage softail
2006 FLSTC/I =Heritage softail classic
2006 FLSTN/I = Softail Deluxe

The 2006 Heritage softail did not have the saddle bags or windshield like the classic, Harley dropped it after one year.

·
American
28,686 Posts
^^^^
What fatcat said. I use to have 08 Deluxe. The three mentioned were the choices in 08.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts