Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the differences are between a '99 and '00 Fatboy??? My buddy owns a '99 and is looking at some paint sets on Ebay that say will only fit '00 and up. BTW I've been a long time member on 1130cc.com and have been a member here for awhile, but this is my first post. Thanks for any help :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey Brian, Welcome!!!

Main difference is the 99 is an Evo, and the 00 is a Twin Cam. The tanks are different, the front fender will work, the rear witha bit of cleverness can also be made to work.
Best thing to do is go with the right bodywork for the model year- it makes fitting way easier!

Good luck!

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Hey Brian, Welcome!!!

Main difference is the 99 is an Evo, and the 00 is a Twin Cam. The tanks are different, the front fender will work, the rear witha bit of cleverness can also be made to work.
Best thing to do is go with the right bodywork for the model year- it makes fitting way easier!

Good luck!
Twin Cam B right?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yep - all Softails are B motors, coz they have the twin, counter-rotating balancers, whereas Dynas and Tourers are rubber mounted motors not requiring the balancers to dampen vibration.

Did your buddy find anything yet Brian?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I had a TC-88B in my 05 FXSTI and loved it. It spoiled me for riding Dynas. Of course my VRSCR has spoiled me for riding most other bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts