Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, can you guys fill me in on the changes year by year for the past few itterations of sportsters?

·
Upright Downunder
48 Posts
Oaksong...in my humble and totally biased opinion...to date... the best sportster ever released is the Nightster. I will even go as far as to say that this will be reflected in the numbers that have been sold...everyone I know that has one...with just a few changes (seat mainly) loves it...including me of course and many that visit these threads.

Wayne

·
Registered
39,458 Posts
Sadly that cuts off right as I get interested. Apparently only 07, 08, and 09 have FI. So, any major changes in those years?
Nope.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oaksong...in my humble and totally biased opinion...to date... the best sportster ever released is the Nightster. I will even go as far as to say that this will be reflected in the numbers that have been sold...everyone I know that has one...with just a few changes (seat mainly) loves it...including me of course and many that visit these threads.

Wayne
If I found the nightster visually appealing I would be down with that. What separates it from the rest?

I liked the 2k8 roadster with the nice extra brakes.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Sadly that cuts off right as I get interested. Apparently only 07, 08, and 09 have FI. So, any major changes in those years?
No last MAJOR change would have been the O4 rubber mounted engine.
Going EFI I guess could be called another, somebody else would have to help me on what year that actually happened.

The big twin lineup has been getting all the changes since 07.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Supposedly they've improved the suspension 09 on certain models, according to they're web site

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
No last MAJOR change would have been the O4 rubber mounted engine.
Going EFI I guess could be called another, somebody else would have to help me on what year that actually happened.

The big twin lineup has been getting all the changes since 07.

Oh there is this little beast supposed to be coming to town
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2006_Campaigns/XR1200_minisite/XR1200_popup.jsp?locale=en_GB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Speaking of changes, is there any reason why a rear pulley for an '06 would not fit an '08 Nightster?

Debrix offers a 61-tooth unit which they insist fits only '04-through-'06 units. My understanding was that all the rubbermount Sporties are similar in that regard.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
well i have to ask this question.. how big are you ? cause well .. i think sportsters are for smaller people but not necessarily women.. they will beat the crap out of you on a long ride.. i would go for something that the weight sits a little lower and more balanced and has a little more weight to it if you are more than 5 foot 5 and weigh more than 140 pounds

1 - 13 of 13 Posts