Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 rk custom tc.i replaced the rings.and two valves.and upgraded the camplate.started and drove the 70mph down to 40mph several times.dipsticking missing when i got back.got new one.came out 3 more times in 2 miles.started coming out wouldn't push back down.pulled it out.it poped alot of pressure.any ideas?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
When you installed the support plate did you make sure the oil passages were lined up? May have a partial blockage.

It may be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

·
Super Moderator
4,109 Posts
I had some leakage from the vent on my carb once. I thought it was a drain line, versus a vent so I plugged it. I went to leave for work and I got off as it idled to move the trash can to the curb and the backed up pressure made the oil cap shoot about 15 feet. I would check the vent lines too.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm thinking belowby if the motor was just put back.
Was that 70mph down to 40mph right after you got the motor back together. Or was it after it was broke in. If it was right after the motor was put together the rings did not have time to seat yet and there would be some blow by creating pressure in the crankcase. Also were the rings installed according to the Harley manual. This is very very important to place the ring end caps according to the manual or they will vibrate and rotate until the end gaps are lined up which will cause blow by.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts