Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this thread for any of you southern boys and girls heading to C3. I plan on leaving Richmond on Thursday June 11th at 5am. I have not decided my route yet and am hoping to have Nipplesurfer riding along. Anyone interested in a great ride please chime in.

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
I am starting this thread for any of you southern boys and girls heading to C3. I plan on leaving Richmond on Thursday June 11th at 5am. I have not decided my route yet and am hoping to have Nipplesurfer riding along. Anyone interested in a great ride please chime in.
dub, looking at a map it appears to me you will be going through Louisville on I-64. If you don't already know there are 2 new bridges under construction here plus they are re-aligning some interstates and other roads. Getting through Louisville during rush hour can sometimes only be described as a goatfu(k. Most of the changes are to I-65 but a lot of I-65 exits are closed, some permanently some not, and a lot of I-65 is down to reduced lanes and some detours on I-65 route vehicles onto parts of I-64. Be sure and check traffic conditions before coming through.

cloondog is coming from NY and we will meet up at a gas/convenience store here about 6:30 Thursday morning to ride to ES together but we will be out of Louisville before the morning snarl.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe, good to know. Here is a general view of the route I think I am taking.

Attachments

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better view

Attachments

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
That route looks like a good excuse to leave a day earlier, and take 2 lane roads. :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
The southern route is what I had looked at for me. When are you anticipating hitting Knoxville? Are you riding it all in one day or stopping Thursday night somewhere?

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan to stop Thursday night somewhere. I will do some time calculations and let you know.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Interested in meeting up where ever you decide to stop receiving if t works out for me. Then I can make the ride into ES with y'all.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gotcha BB. Will keep you posted.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Subscribed, is Mquilty and Nsurfer riding this route?
Hopefully I cam participate but Sue will not since her back would not allow that long of a ride....

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Depending on where you stop Thursday night, I may have to adjust my route and meet up with y'all for Friday.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good! I will look at the map and talk with Nipplesurfer. probably some small motel outside of Nashville for Thursday night

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Subscribed, is Mquilty and Nsurfer riding this route?
Hopefully I cam participate but Sue will not since her back would not allow that long of a ride....

Mike is leaving with me. :D

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Jax. I'm planning on meeting them somewhere as well to make the ride into ES. How are you gonna be coming through Ga? If you come I 95 to I 16, you will have to come right by me.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mike is going to new york to meet Don, then they go to Colorado to pick up Cali bob, all in all a 4000 mile run to ES.

Jealous Dave

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Which way you going Don? When you leaving and where ypu meeting Mike?

June 2nd, we leave for Michigan, to hook up with Gravs and Sue, then to Sturgis to meet ORD, then to Colorado to meet CaliBob, then we may meander our way down to Oklahoma City, possibly, then to Ft.Smith, hook up with the Texans and Okies, THEN we'll head for ES. :D :cool

1 - 20 of 60 Posts