Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Yes sir! Blocking the exhaust increases exhaust gas velocity. Someone needs to tell all the racers they been doing it wrong for years.

• Haha
Reactions: Shunned and EvoRK

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Got into this subject on an exhaust thread a few months ago. It got ugly for awhile (FNG's) and led to some heavy reading that almost drove me back to drinking. The main thing I learned was that without a PhD and a machine shop, these are probably going to be the solution.
If the OP wanted less noise and is pleased with these results, then this was the right move for him.

My comment was about the absurd advertising that said by plugging the exhaust you increased the velocity of the exhaust gas. Velocity measured where? Around the outside of the plug or the over all exhaust gas velocity?

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
I have Rinehart true duals on my '07 110. I good dyno tune with a TT Mastertune has the engine running great. Good smooth acceleration with no flat spots or hesitation. I get to ride at 2000 - 2200 rpm in 6th gear a lot on our flatter roads down here.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Shunned you are a one track mind kind of stupid. Do you think racing is all at wot and short runs? I have built and tuned many racing engines, all successful. They did not need rebuilding after a few runs. Yes some were drag racing, but most were circle track. Now sharpen up on your building skills and you won't be rebuilding every week.

You can restrict the exhaust flow on your engines if you want, I'll get mine tuned.

Jeez

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
They were all motorcycles except the V stock NHRA national record holder I prepped the block on. Lots of 2 stroke experience too. One of my favorite Smokey Yunick quotes is: an engine doesn't know what name is on the valve cover. I doubt you have the experience or the mind to comprehend that though.

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts