Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to swap from stock cam chain tensioner setup to gear driven cams. Since I am going that far, I thought I would upgrade to Andrews 26G cams. The bike is a 2006 FLHTi (electra glide standard). I am running a K&N air filter with stock exhaust, but sometimes changed over to stockers with the baffles opened up and inch. My mechanic thinks the stock fuel controller will be fine with this set up and adjust itself as needed. I tend to agree. Do any of you know if the stock ecm will do an adequate job? I know for best results I need a tune, but going gear driven tops the budget by itself.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I am about to swap from stock cam chain tensioner setup to gear driven cams. Since I am going that far, I thought I would upgrade to Andrews 26G cams. The bike is a 2006 FLHTi (electra glide standard). I am running a K&N air filter with stock exhaust, but sometimes changed over to stockers with the baffles opened up and inch. My mechanic thinks the stock fuel controller will be fine with this set up and adjust itself as needed. I tend to agree. Do any of you know if the stock ecm will do an adequate job? I know for best results I need a tune, but going gear driven tops the budget by itself.
A PowerCommander will help you greatly, even on a stock set-up .
It'll run cooler and smoother, with more pickup. :thumb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts