Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 hd street glide with stage 1 upgrade. I ordered vance and hines true dual head pipes. I already have the vane and hines slip-ons. My ques. is do I need one of the fuel paks? or can I just put pipes on and ride? Thank you in advance.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
If you have a high flow air cleaner and aftermarket pipes... Then yes you will need some kind of fuel management device. And welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer. If I have the stock air cleaner should I still get one? Also any advice one which one I need would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought the fuelpak when I did slip ons and air cleaner. Nice easy solution but now I regret buying it... I want to do cams and other work which isn't supported by a fuelpak.
Just something to think about. But if you plan to go no further than pipes and ac you will be fine with a fuelpak.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
You say in the OP that you have "a Stage 1 upgrade". If you mean the ECM has been flashed you are good to go.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I never had anything flashed. the guy I bought it off of just told me he had done the upgrade
You can have a Dealer check and see if a Stage 1 flash has been done, if it has you're fine, if not , it's the cheapest way to go .

:coffee:

·
Registered
946 Posts
I just finished installing VH true duals, VH stage 1 cleaner, and VH twin slash mufflers. I went with the Fuel Pak LCD from VH's, it was easy to install and easy to map to the products I bought, the bike (2013 Road Glide) sounds great and the throttle response seems quicker. With everything else being VH's on your bike I'd stick with their Fuel Pak.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im adding Full Boar slip ons and the shop hooked my bike up to there laptop and was able to tell me it had a 49 state stage one download on it already.Im changing the epa screaming eagle mufflers out.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
Sorry, just kinda learning all this stuff. Ok any suggestions on one that won't break my wallet?
:) you bought a HD so be prepared to have your wallet steady/ready.

HD are toys for big children :) There are no limits.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Well put Roman

·
Certified HD Mech.
30 Posts
Fuel management will be needed if you use high flow air filters and exhaust systems (including open slip-on's). However try to avoid the fuel management systems that merely bypass/override the ECM signals to the fuel injectors and O2 sensors... a "tuned" ECM is best.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts