Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a brand spanking new 14 U.L. and was wondering if I need a new tune if I just install my Vance and Hines 2 into 1 Pro pipe and keep the stock air cleaner that come on the bike. I was told the Rushmore air cleaners flow more air but do they flow enough to add a tuner with the pro pipe.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Ttuth is, you dont NEED it. But it would help the bike run cooler, lil more power. This being said, any stock tuned bike can benefit from a tuner or just an enricment on fuel like vieds or xieds, reason being the stock tune is on the high end of lean so that itll pass epa regs. Richen it up wil increase power a little and lower head temps since theres more fluid coming in to cool.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I ran V&H twin slash cut round slip ons with stock header and the stock air cleaner and no fuel tuner for a little while on my 14 Ultra with no problem. I put on a SE stage one air cleaner then decided on a V&H fp3 fuel tuner. Bike runs awesome. If it is a full exhaust you may want to consider a tuner being that it will be more free flowing. I find we cant escape the enevitable. We all at some point just get the complete stage one (air kit, pipes and fuel tuner) at some point so I would just do it all right the first time around. You can get away without it but you may get the itch later to add it and especially the air kit, then you will definetely need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts