Harley Davidson Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
13,614 Posts
Billy I like how these cats just " jump " right in without any intro.
Had a few FNG's in Air Force, a very few were know it all's.. Talking Hondas no less.

Reactions: Wooden Rat

· Registered
1 Posts
Have a 22 fxlrst. Got my oil change at 1.2k miles have 3200 on it now. These dipsticks and checking the oil are confusing the hell out of me. Not sure if I checked it right but I took it out for a ride. Let it idle upright for a minutes. Shut it off then put it on kickstand and checked.

Photo is what I got. Should I add some oil in it or is it good? Also anyone know if it's full synthetic. I assume its 20w-50.

Depends on what year it is. Mines a 2002 fatboy and my owners manual says to check it standing up not on the kickstand. But the newer ones say to check it on the kickstand.

· Registered
5,544 Posts
Depends on what year it is. Mines a 2002 fatboy and my owners manual says to check it standing up not on the kickstand. But the newer ones say to check it on the kickstand.
Read the entire thread! That was answered pages ago in his own photo!

· Registered
7,593 Posts
Dan after the Castrol problems a few years back, the gov. didn't set standards, only stated that the oils had to be able to be mixed. The law suits assured that anyways. $$$$$$

· Registered
2,208 Posts
Please format your posts so that they are readable, you don`t need perfection, but a few sentences marked by periods would be a big help.

Lose the caps.

· Registered
13,614 Posts
Yes, we should stop answering people`s questions and just tell them to look in the owner's manual, or service manual. :)

First off, I don`t believe you are a professional mechanic, that would require the ability to communicate in writing, which obviously you can`t do.

Learn how to write a paragraph using sentences, it doesn`t need to be anywhere near perfect, but FFS at least try to do better than a second grader.
You are quite the insulting little person. FFS if all you got is grammar problems, might try growing up.

Reactions: wonkey

· Registered
13,614 Posts
Ok, point taken, I will edit my previous post.

Now, read this mess and tell me it would fly even in 2nd grade:
Well let's see. Man made his best try. If that's upsetting to you, teach. Some patience, I understood his comment. Change your screen name to Grammer Police. Only one that's ever complained. Majority of us have asked for more clarity to help out a fellow rider. Never seen anyone be condescending here. Especially some one's education and smeared a reputation. Which you did by throwing him under bus for.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts