Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about installing one on my 2010 FXDC. Bike currently has Stage 1 upgrade Screamin Eagle air cleaner and V&H Straight Shot Slip-ons with stock headers. If I install the TFI, will I have to disable the O2 sensors so they aren't constantly trying to compensate for the extra fuel the Dobeck is adding? If so, how do I disable them?

·
Just Ride
4,042 Posts
Contact Dobeck for the answer.

·
V-Twin Junkie
1,354 Posts
From Dobeck's guide for Sportsters, so, probably.
  1. The front factory O2 connector is cable tied to the left front frame downtube near the oil filter area. Follow the lead from the O2 sensor in the front exhaust pipe. Disconnect the sensor and plug the TFI bypass into the wiring harness. Cable tie the harness back to the frame tube as necessary.
  2. The rear factory O2 connector is located on the frame behind the rear cylinder. Again, follow the lead from the rear O2 sensor, disconnect it and install the TFI bypass. The O2 sensors are no longer required.

·
V-Twin Junkie
1,354 Posts
Again, from Dobeck:

THE FOLLOWING MODELS REQUIRE INSTALLATION OF O2 BYPASSES SOLD SEPARATELY:
2006-2011 Dyna Models – Requires O2 bypass 910100117
2012-2013 Dyna Models – Requires O2 bypass 950099018

·
Just Ride
4,042 Posts
Nice to have someone else do your research.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Gorillathehun for the info. I DID look on the Dobeck sight and couldn't find that info. Wasn't trying to have someone else do research for me. Just thought someone on here might have first hand knowledge having dealt with/installed one themselves that could help me out. Thought that's what these forums were for. My mistake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts