Harley Davidson Forums banner

Do you have a service manual for your bike?

• Yes

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • What's a service manual?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering.:think

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Hahaha! I like the third choice!

Got the H-D and the Clymer. Don't recommend the Clymer, but I suppose it's better than nothin'!

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha! I like the third choice!
Believe it or not, I almost put ¨Hell no! That´s what internet forums are for¨ in it´s place.:laugh

It just got me curious because today, I started on the 120R engine R&R on my bike and depended a LOT on my HD service manual.

·
Retired citizen
23,201 Posts
A whole bookcase of them at my shop. Gotta get a couple 2013 models yet. About every 3 years some new manuals.
Another set of good reference materials are the J&P, Custom Chrome, Drag and V-Twin catalogs. And of course the Ronnies and New Castle H-D websites !

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I keep my HD manual next to the most frequently read items in the library right next to the girl mags..

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
I bought my UC in VA. When I rode it down from VA to GA, I stopped in at HD dealers along the way until I found one that had a service manual in stock for mine. Found it at Spartanburg HD in SC. It is one well used book.

·
2,327 Posts
Had the service manual before the bike was delivered. Absolute must !!!!!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Mine for my "new" bike is on the way. I'm too cheap to pay $70 for it at the dealer. (especially since the H-D site says they are $60, but that is a different story) So, I held out until a used on popped up on ebay. It only took a week or two.

Actually, it should probably be here by now. I need to check on it.

They are pretty helpful. I don't think I would have the guts to wrench on the bike nearly as much as I do without it. Just the proper disassembly and and assembly order for certain things makes it worth it. And, of course all of the torque specs, etc.

It will inevitably pay for itself. Not only with being able to do more of your own service, but also with parts you don't break by knowing the right way to do the job.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
HD owner's manual, parts manual, as well as the shop manual. I figured I'm gonna have this bike for a long time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts