Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a moment for a questionnaire regarding riding speed?

For each question write down the number corresponding to the answer that applies to you during everyday riding (not during emergency riding).

1 - Never or very infrequently
2 - Quite infrequently
3 - Infrequently
4 - Frequently
5 - Always

How often do you exceed the 70 mph limit during a motorway journey?
How often do you exceed the speed limit in built up areas?
How often do you ride fast?

Highlight just below this line when you are done.
When you have finished you can add up the numbers. If you scored less than 7, you tend to speed infrequently. If you scored between 7 and 12, you tend to speed a little more frequently. If you scored more than 12, you tend to speed often. Drivers who indicate on this questionnaire that they speed often have about three times the accident risk of those who speed infrequently.

Reproduced by permission of The Stationery Office Limited and taken from Motorcycle Roadcraft published on behalf of the Police Foundation.

Do you agree with the conclusion about your risk? Are there factors that make the risk less serious when you are concerned?
I figured it would be good to hear from the folks over here too.:)

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts

riding or driving for that matter is always a risk, and I think speeding does increase that risk, so be careful no matter how fast your going.

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
time,place,condition and other motorist. do not ride above your skill level---be safe, sounds funny with the way I just answered the "Q"s:rolleyes:

·
Registered
39,472 Posts
Dont you have 2 and 3 reversed? Doesnt make sense that "Quite frequently" would be given a lower score than "Infrequently".

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont you have 2 and 3 reversed? Doesnt make sense that "Quite frequently" would be given a lower score than "Infrequently".
Oops! Thanks. It was supposed to be quite infrequently.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Got a moment for a questionnaire regarding riding speed?

For each question write down the number corresponding to the answer that applies to you during everyday riding (not during emergency riding).

1 - Never or very infrequently
2 - Quite infrequently
3 - Infrequently
4 - Frequently
5 - Always

How often do you exceed the 70 mph limit during a motorway journey?
How often do you exceed the 70 mph limit during a motorway journey? 4
How often do you exceed the speed limit in built up areas? 4
How often do you ride fast? 4

When you have finished you can add up the numbers. If you scored less than 7, you tend to speed infrequently. If you scored between 7 and 12, you tend to speed a little more frequently. If you scored more than 12, you tend to speed often. Drivers who indicate on this questionnaire that they speed often have about three times the accident risk of those who speed infrequently.

Reproduced by permission of The Stationery Office Limited and taken from Motorcycle Roadcraft published on behalf of the Police Foundation.

Do you agree with the conclusion about your risk? Are there factors that make the risk less serious when you are concerned?
I figured it would be good to hear from the folks over here too.:)
How often do you exceed the 70 mph limit during a motorway journey? 4
Try riding NJ hiways and NOT going over the speed limit. LOL
How often do you exceed the speed limit in built up areas? 4
How often do you ride fast? 4
Probably everytime I'm on a hiway. 'Fast' I'm assuming means over the
speed limit. My normal hiway speed is 65-72 mph. I find that a good
compromise between no ticket and getting run over from behind.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Out of sync as usual, I'm a 1,1,1.

There are only two motorways in Luxembourg and they have a speed limit of 130kph, just over 80mph. When I can't avoid them at all, I'm only on them for 8 or 10 miles, so it's not really tempting.

The kinds of roads I ride, when you reach the speed limit of 90kph, 56+mph, it's time to brake for the next corner. In fact most of my riding is below 50mph.

In the towns and villages there's really no point. Plus which we have a points system here for speeding which can lose you your license.

As for liking speed, I used to. Guess it's just one of those things that faded with age.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Good grief. There's others?
Oh Yeah.

Sex for instance.

With speed, I used to enjoy showing the tail wagging, throttle cracking, tail sliding, tire squeeling, rubber burning, wheel twirling idiots how to get around a track.

Now I don't bother any more. I just go around the track faster than they do and don't break the car in the process.

It's kinda the same with sex :D:D:D

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Out of sync as usual, I'm a 1,1,1.

There are only two motorways in Luxembourg and they have a speed limit of 130kph, just over 80mph. When I can't avoid them at all, I'm only on them for 8 or 10 miles, so it's not really tempting.

The kinds of roads I ride, when you reach the speed limit of 90kph, 56+mph, it's time to brake for the next corner. In fact most of my riding is below 50mph.

In the towns and villages there's really no point. Plus which we have a points system here for speeding which can lose you your license.

As for liking speed, I used to. Guess it's just one of those things that faded with age.

:eek:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts