Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
i found a helment i liked then bought a bike to match it...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nope. When I bought my '03 Heritage I also bought the matching helmet because they were the Anniversary items, and I got a heck of a deal on the helmet. When I bought my full face I didn't match it to anything, and when I bought my Nightster, sold my Heritage and retired my matching helmet, the helmet I bought for the Nightster was basic black.

I bought black because black goes with everything.

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Buy what I can afford or on sale. Thanks to this forum I"ll be looking at Leather Up better pricing, wish I could find more brown.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Old, scratched, scuffed ....worn and ratty... Yes. I guess I do..... :D

My jacket is 4 years old, my chaps I just replaced last season and my helmets vary, from 2 years to 16 years old.

I retire more helmets due to the interior linings getting all nasty, despite my Fabreeze and Lysol usage....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought the Nolan with the mic/ear speakers for communicating with the others in my party. We were out of the country and we needed to stay in touch. It is a great helmet. A little pricey, but a good helmet. The liner is removable, so you can throw it in the washer when it gets nasty.

By the way I read where you should replace your helmet if it takes a good whak. My helmet saved me many times on my last trip, I fell 10 times. I think if you ever take a bad fall, a good helmet will pay for itself. I used to get whatever was the cheapest. Not any more.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i have a few helmets.. my favourite though is my suomy.. if i matched it i would look like a damned rainbow LOL.. so umm no to that but when you have a black helmet and black jacket.. well it looks like you are matching right?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
....on my last trip, I fell 10 times.
I gotta ask.............. Huh?

Yes, Marivn, you're correct that in if your helmet takes a good shot, as in a crash or an impact, it should be replaced. Internal construction is designed to absorb impact and a helmet can be weakened. No sense taking chances.....

·
Registered
340 Posts
My helmet is black with about 25 stickers plastered all over it. Things like "Does This Bike Make My Ass Look Big?" and "I've Fallen and Can't Reach My Beer".

My bike is Cobalt Blue and if it gets a speck of dust on it I freak out. So no, they don't match.:1drink

Do leathers come in Cobalt Blue???:faint

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
My helmet is black with about 25 stickers plastered all over it. Things like "Does This Bike Make My Ass Look Big?" and "I've Fallen and Can't Reach My Beer".

My bike is Cobalt Blue and if it gets a speck of dust on it I freak out. So no, they don't match.:1drink

Do leathers come in Cobalt Blue???:faint
Yea me too I got "I'm the person my parents warned me about"
"If I knew I was going to live this long I'da taken better care of myself". A "Blanco sucks " for the govenor who reinstated the helmet law And dare I mention a "Microwave cats for fun and profit" Makes me a lotta fans at PetSmart.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
HHhmmmm, my bike IS black. The helmet I bought for rain and cold IS black. (Wear it maybe a month out of the year.) My chaps and leather jacket get worn a month maybe two out of the year and they ARE black. Otherwise it's brown work boots and denim jeans and shirts.

Yep, I guess I do match a month or so out of the year. Does that make me a yuppie?

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
The bike ,jacket ,helmet are all black.

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
Oh I forgot my socks are usaully white and jeans are blue.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've always worn black helmets no matter what the color of my bike. Honda riders are into matching helmets with bikes...

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
not really, lets see, older half worn out black jacket, new chaps this year, black, bike is blue, the other one is fire, oh, and, what's a helmet?

I am with Dave, i gotta ask, Marvin....WTF????10 times on one trip? thinking maybe it might be time to slowly back away from the bike?????

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a 08 XL1200R Roadster in Pacific Blue Pearl , My helmet is blue and black like my harley , my leather jacket is black with some blue stripes on it so I guess I'll say yes I match my motorcycle colors .

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Like 3OM, my Suomy covers most of the rainbow... but I don't really wear it much on the 'Bagger... prefer my half-shell (in basic black - goes well with pearls). And I'm startin' to booger it up with stickers too ("I may be mean and nasty, but at least I'm good at it", "Go fast or be last"). My jacket is a black Vanson (retired my old Nancy Davidson after 20+years) and I've got a pair of black Hein Gericke leather pants (I'm not much for chaps - they leave some pretty important parts unprotected).

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I dont give it much thought. Just no bright colors for me.

By the way even if you never wacked your helmet, Ultra violet light from the sun and many temperature cycles from hot to cold weaken the shell of the helmet and make them brittle. It's best to replace it every so often anyway.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts