Registered
43,190 Posts
California bike?

• Wow
Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
43,190 Posts
Looks like a charcoal canister for CARB compliance. Filters gas fumes from carburetor and fuel tank.

Might have over filled fuel tank last time you got gas. It's called an Evap canister.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
It’s fuel injected
CARB = California Air Resources Board (Calif Emissions arm of the Government).

Has nothing to do with a bike being "Carbed" or Fuel Injected. It's a California emissions required part. (Same as the black plastic coffee can looking thing under the hood of your car or truck.)

Give it time, it will dry itself out...

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,968 Posts
They (MoCo) should have put a rollover type (or whatever works) check valve in the line to keep that from happening like car manufacturers did eons ago. It probably would have cost more and that's why they didn't do it. I'm curious though, OP, is anything mentioned about that in the owners manual? Does it say anywhere in it about possible fuel spillage from the canister if you 'overfill' the bike? I'm just wondering if they at least did that so that the dealers aren't, or I should say -shouldn't- flooded with folks wondering what is going on. It's Friday and I'm at work and flooded with paperwork which is my least favorite thing here and I need a distraction at the moment. I hope that makes sense lol

Reactions: TaxmanHog
1 - 11 of 11 Posts