Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 fxdc dyna.

Just started bike in driveway to start off 2015. It started right up, and is smooth at idle and twists of the throttle. New plugs, new air filter were winter projects. I've noticed if I hold throttle slightly open and then give it a good solid /quick twist towards higher rpm, it almost sounds to choke out.. I'm not mechanical but if I was guessing.. Either too much/ little gas, OR, too much/little air. Like it can't keep up or towards flooding out. I'm not sure if normal riding conditions I'd even notice it.. Unless passing our really trying to move out towards higher rpm. I know it's not a c-rocket, but I'd expect engine to sound clean all the way up/down not matter how fast you twist it.

Any thoughts? If you've read this far I'd really appreciate any comments.

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
Was it still cold?

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
You said new plugs, did you verify plug gap? Plug boot on all the way?

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
Old gas? I'd run a tank or two before worrying about it.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.. Do you just out seafoam in the gas, or in vacuum line? Does a bike have that option for treatment ?

·
Banned
71 Posts
Thanks.. Do you just out seafoam in the gas, or in vacuum line? Does a bike have that option for treatment ?
Put some in the tank and run it a tank or two. If it don't clear up then you can start to worry some . :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts