Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd just heard a news flash on the radio, that Obama mentioned that he is pushing congress to pass his gun control into law, his quote "it will keep dangerous people to posses a gun" that did not make any sence to me.

Leave it alone and worry about immigration, North Korea, budget deficit, just bigger and better things to a president to do, my opinion.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
71 Posts
I'd just heard a news flash on the radio, that Obama mentioned that he is pushing congress to pass his gun control into law, his quote "it will keep dangerous people to posses a gun" that did not make any sence to me.

Leave it alone and worry about immigration, North Korea, budget deficit, just bigger and better things to a president to do, my opinion.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Did you really expect anything the wormlord says to make sence.?? :mooning:

:coffee:

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is a subject that is dear and near to me. I am about to pull my hair out (I'm bald already). When is someone gonna read the freagin constitution that is in the congress and the senate? What part of the second ammendment do they not understand "Shall not be infringed". Every time this dude opens his mouth makes me want to puke. Circumventing congress with executive orders to push his agenda is pure B.S.

Then you got the lifer congressmen who will not stand up for you and me. What part of by the people for the people have these dudes forgotton?

Well I guess if all this passes I will be an outlaw. The way I see it is pure and simple. A law that is unconstitutional in my eyes is not a law.

I will not give up my assualt weapons to anyone. I also dread the day someone tries to come and get them from me.

I am done with the so called leadership we have in office today who has no backbone.

My 2 cents worth

Glenn

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I just don't see how any of this boneheaded rederick is going to control guns.

If you want to control guns, then force gun owners to buys safes and keep their guns in a safe. If you own a gun you should have to show proof of owning a safe. Serialize the safes with ATF as well. Sorry your kids got shot by guys who stole guns or were known to be mentally unstable.

Obama should be impeached and tried for treason along with anyone else that tries to infringe on the constitution.

·
Registered
10,857 Posts
Please note that Obummer was pretty much silent on gun control issues until the recent tragedies occurred. So, he is now capitalizing on issues in the news to further what has been his agenda all along. Nothing any other politician doesn't also do. Remember what one of his people said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste" or something like that. So, like most politicians, Obummer is an opportunist AKA buzzard.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Please note that Obummer was pretty much silent on gun control issues until the recent tragedies occurred. So, he is now capitalizing on issues in the news to further what has been his agenda all along. Nothing any other politician doesn't also do. Remember what one of his people said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste" or something like that. So, like most politicians, Obummer is an opportunist AKA buzzard.
Ah, yeah, but his first year he banned all foreign imported ammo except for antique guns. He was planning ahead. I don't think any president has ever created such mistrust in the government. Silly me, for some reason I have this crazy notion that the federal gov’t is supposed to protect our rights and liberty’s, not remove or destroy them.
:eek:uttahere:

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts
This recent interest of the administration in gun control is no surprise. I have been waiting for it to rear its ugly head since '08. Look at El Presidunce's stances regarding gun control before he was El Presidunce....he made no secret that he was against the 2nd Amendment (hell, he's pretty much opposed to the entire Constitution).
We were having this discussion over coffee this AM. One of the guys pointed out a list of stats that put guns dead last after cars, drugs, etc. as causes of deaths in the US, and wondereed aloud why the fuss about guns. Well, watch that other hand, kiddies. He ain't so much interested in gun control (YET although he'll take it if he can get it). Obamacare is coming on line, and people are seeing what got voted for in Congress, and very few people are happy with what they are seeing. The gun control fiasco, if you think about it, is a major distraction to sway our attention away from what he is really up to. Look deeper. I don't trust this man nor do I trust his staff and the Pelosi's, Feinstupids, and Reids in the Legislature.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Thank god for motorcycles, otherwise we'd all be in therapy, kicking cats, or or running around in circles waving our arms making airplane noises. You know what they say...
Ever notice how you never see a motorcycle parked out front of a therapists office. If there was ever a time to ride it's now, while we still can.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh yeah Motorcycles. Obamacare is trying to get mandated a national helmet law as well. So I've heard.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
My friend just sent me a text, that on the radio this morning, they were talking about someone here in NY getting his guns confiscated today, after he was treated for anxiety, and I'm hearing it was after a DR's visit.....

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts
My friend just sent me a text, that on the radio this morning, they were talking about someone here in NY getting his guns confiscated today, after he was treated for anxiety, and I'm hearing it was after a DR's visit.....
I smell a Hippa lawsuuit coming on.

·
Registered
10,857 Posts
I don't recall how long ago it was nor do I recall the details, but...., there has been coverage in the past, I think before Obummer's time, that some agency, maybe the CDC in Atlanta, was trying to get doctors involved in "inquiring" about gun ownership of their patients. And also having the doctors indicate to their patients that having a gun in the house was not "healthy" or something along those lines.

If you smell "conspiracy" you are on the right track. In any and every way the antigunners can make gun ownership more costly, more difficult, more "socially unacceptable", more time consuming, so forth and so on, they will!

But the revenge will arrive after this country bankrupts and civil disorder and anarchy reign in every large city and those bas****s are begging you to sell them one of your guns.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I just don't see how any of this boneheaded rederick is going to control guns.

If you want to control guns, then force gun owners to buys safes and keep their guns in a safe. If you own a gun you should have to show proof of owning a safe. Serialize the safes with ATF as well. Sorry your kids got shot by guys who stole guns or were known to be mentally unstable.

Obama should be impeached and tried for treason along with anyone else that tries to infringe on the constitution.
Agreed!

·
Banned
447 Posts
I don't hear constitutional issues being raised in any of this "gun violence" (sic) debate. There are three-hundred-million guns in America. The issue is not "gun control." The issue is whacko control.

Whackos do the shootings.

Whackos propose the gun grabbing measures.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts
Constitutional issues aren't brought into the discussion because that inconvenient document interferes with the agenda up there.
Here's one for y'all to gnaw on: Assume a man is convicted of a felony and sentenced to X years in prison. After he has completed the entire sentence including probation and whatever, he has paid his debt to society. Is he then removed from the list banning him from his 2nd Amendment rights?

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Constitutional issues aren't brought into the discussion because that inconvenient document interferes with the agenda up there.
Here's one for y'all to gnaw on: Assume a man is convicted of a felony and sentenced to X years in prison. After he has completed the entire sentence including probation and whatever, he has paid his debt to society. Is he then removed from the list banning him from his 2nd Amendment rights?

Don't work that way here, my oldest Son done time and he's been trying to git his rights restored. they told him he had to be out of incarceration for 5 years before he could even apply, then it would take about another 5 years to git his rights restored.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts
Thanks for the example, Phil. I was involved in that very discussion this morning, and I was pretty sure that it was next to impossible. For those of you who have knowledge, is this a state-to-state thing or pretty universal throughout the country?

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
It's universal. Damn hard to get them restored, and depending on what you were convicted of, you may NEVER get them back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts