Missing 2 very special friends

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
The good Lord has sent some very special friends my way.....good post...:thumb

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
BOB. That was GREAT. Ozzie and I are very close to each other. Your right God made a Dog for US. We both get to share his love with us. My wife and I are grateful to have him. ? Great story....

·
Wayward Son
23,139 Posts
Just lost my boxer last month. Very cool video, thx for posting.
This has always help`d me.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

·
Wayward Son
23,139 Posts

·
las drogas son malas
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There aren't many things in life that are as tough as saying goodbye to a dog that has become a family member and best friend. This is Snix, who was my loyal companion for 17 years. Just said my final farewell to him last year. I still miss him every day.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1384917441.921104.jpg

By all means, post photos of your dogs, past and present. Love dog photos as much as bike photos!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
I've had mostly lab companions all my life. My brother's life was saved by Panther, our black lab when we were very young.

Back in 2005, I had to say goodbye to my Yellow lab, Diesel. It took me three years to get passed losing it every time I talked/thought about him.

I now have a chocolate lab, Otis. I've had him since he was a little goofy pup. I fear the day I have to say goodbye to him. He'll be 6 on Dec. 19. Will post some photos shortly.

Don't know if you've ever noticed, but DOG is GOD spelled backwards. Coincidental? I don't think so.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
This is my favorite photo of Otis. It was taken by one of our very own Mods - Diezel, formerly known as JPWendt - when he was down here this time last year.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
There aren't many things in life that are as tough as saying goodbye to a dog that has become a family member and best friend. This is Snix, who was my loyal companion for 17 years. Just said my final farewell to him last year. I still miss him every day.

View attachment 138745

By all means, post photos of your dogs, past and present. Love dog photos as much as bike photos!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
By the way, Bob, that's a beautiful lookin' fellah. And I love the name "Snix!" Awesome!

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Ha! Ya beat me to it. Thanks, amigo!

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Here's one of my brother's dog, Sherman, jumping into the pool. This was taken many years ago. We just had to say goodbye to him - he was over 19 years old...

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Here are a few of my ol' pal, Diesel. He was a monster of a lab at 120lbs. I sure miss him.

1 - 20 of 2842 Posts