Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of before and after. Did a lot of visual changes. Along with the internal parts after the oil pump failed. It is getting close to 100HP & 108 Torque. The engraving was done by these people.

www.custom-engraving-ltd.com

They are great to work with. The end result was more than what I expected

Attachments

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
looks good and the upgrades are never dont there is always sumthing lol

·
Registered
40,503 Posts
Nice engraving work! :thumb

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Nice ride

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
glad you added the "I think" after the statement about being done with upgrades....can never be done, theres always that one more project that you want to do to your bike...or is that just me?

in any case, goot lookin scoot.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Very nice, Mike. Did the oil pump fail or did part of something (cam chain adjuster) get stuck in it, and fail the pump?

I don't recall the explanation, if there was one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice, Mike. Did the oil pump fail or did part of something (cam chain adjuster) get stuck in it, and fail the pump?

I don't recall the explanation, if there was one.
The oil pump broke in 5 pieces. They are made from a cast part. Looked like pot metal. Replaced it with a Fueling Oil Pump. Fueling is suppose to give 40% more volume when installed with their Cam Plate. Which is what I did.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
umm yeah .. you are never done ..

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Looks good! :thumb

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you're right. Last night put a 2" tank lift on it.. Don't know if I like it.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
you're right. Last night put a 2" tank lift on it.. Don't know if I like it.
Will you post a picture of that? I thought about that myself, and I'm really getting close to ordering the kit. It would be great to see a picture.

·
What?
3,256 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Ha ha, It's just a bonus question. A bit of forum trivia. I think those tank lifts are bad azz. Post some pics when you getter done.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Ha ha, It's just a bonus question. A bit of forum trivia. I think those tank lifts are bad azz. Post some pics when you getter done.
:thumb

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will post a few pics of the tank lift. I did a 2" lift. Only thing I don't like is. If you do it to a Wide Glide it has clearance issues between the tank and the upper tree. I will have to modifiy the rear tank bracket. That way you can move tank back about 1/4-3/8 of a inch. Other than that it looks pretty good.:thumb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts