Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is a good looking motor......
S&S X-Wedg

My brother-in-law and I were talking motors and what direction Harley will go in the future. For me, I bought Harley because it was American made, they had "the look" first and, "Harley was biker when biker wasn't cool".

I said that, I thought it would be cool if Harley would blow up the V-Rod motor about 10" to 15" and offer it or a more updated engine.
Then he got al defensive about the 45* motor and how it wouldn't be a Harley without one. I have to call
. If it is made by Harley Davidson well then it IS a Harley.

I think if they move away from the 45* that they will lose some or at least it will create the "They stopped makin real Harleys when they dropped the 45*" guys. However, I believe they would gain more than they would lose. They would gain HP, smoother power, hell look how many people like the "B" motor because it doesn't vibrate.

I like the above motor, it is air cooled and EPA friendly through 2010, I would hope Harley has somthing like this on the burnner.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think this is a good looking motor......
S&S X-Wedg
Then he got al defensive about the 45* motor and how it wouldn't be a Harley without one. I have to call
. If it is made by Harley Davidson well then it IS a Harley.

I think if they move away from the 45* that they will lose some or at least it will create the "They stopped makin real Harleys when they dropped the 45*" guys. However, I believe they would gain more than they would lose. They would gain HP, smoother power, hell look how many people like the "B" motor because it doesn't vibrate.
You have to remember, many folks consider the 88" to not be a HD, or the new 96". Then you have those that only think pre-1970 HDs are real HDs...or pre-1960s, or pre-1950s.

I think HD will continue to do what it takes to stay in business. Oh, and I do think that's a nice looking motor, but 2010 isn't that far off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts