Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of passing/driving lights on my SG along with an HID headlight from Socal. How is the best way to align the driving lights for optimum performance and i may need to adjust the headlight as well.
in the past i would shut the garage door and sit on the bike about 20 feet away and adjust them but i got complaints from other riders i was blinding them if i didnt lead and i would get some flashes from oncoming traffic.Thank You in advance for your responses.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I copied this from another post : SCHMIDTYS

"The '09s have the newest style headlamp and passing lamps with the clear lenses and are halogen . I think yours just need to be adjusted to get better coverage .
From memory I think the headlamp adjustment is at 20 feet , adjust the headlight low beam from the spot of light on a wall equal to the center height of the headlight as the bike stands upright . The spots are adjusted the same way but off to the right and left of the headlight beam . Cover the headlight and each spot while adjusting the other to be accurate for each light beam ."

:coffee:

·
red sport.
380 Posts
I had to replace bulb, it shows in owners manual how for single & triple lights, mine was 25ft. wall 53.3mm.
hadn't been on road yet.

·
Registered
837 Posts
This may sound the I'm being Captain Obvious here, but make sure your driveway is level. It only takes a few degree of slope to equal several inches in rise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts