Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
First time poster here. Can anyone tell me what the length of the bars on the nightster are? I want to put on Broomstick drag bars and I don't know if I should go with the 26" or 29". Also, what size rise would clear the tank? 4 or 6? Thanks for the input...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also looking at putting drag bars on my nightster. I've been talking with others on other forums and I have been told as long as the bar is 26" or longer you can use the stock risers if you want it that low. One person recommended ebay in searching for a bar. He found one there and put it on his nightster with the stock risers. The bar was 32" with a 4 inch pull back. Ill try to find some pictures to post of that. I'm meeting with my dealer soon then I will have a for sure answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called my local dealer and asked about drag bars and they said i would probably have trouble because of a metal brake line? I haven't had a chance to look for myself and kinda figured he was just trying to get more $$$ out of me. Everyone else I've talked to said I'd have no problem w/drag bars on my 09.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Rastacob,

It's been awhile since you've posted...did you ever get the broomstick handlebars on your bike? I've been trying to find pictures and if it's an easy change-out.

·
Back in Black!
597 Posts
Old thread, but.........if any of you haven't already done it (if you are still around), please go and introduce yourselves in the "New to the Community" forum. You will get alot better responses to all of your questions if you do so. Just sayin'.......

·
Registered
685 Posts
you should be able to go with a 4" riser id consider going with a 32 " length bar sometimes the shorter bars will make it kinda tight a friend has a shorter bar on his i rode it back from a shop for him i felt bound up . if you do change the bar with a 4" riser route the throttle cables outside of the forks instead of between them . if you dont it will pull and want to run wide open when you turn the front wheel . hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts