Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i need to drill my lower trees on my 2000 sporty xlh but as i have never drilled trees before just wondered whats involved . can i drill in situ or remove front end and use pillar drill / bench drill ? and where the webbing runs on the underside of the tree do i just dremel it to get the surface flat for washers and mounting bolt ? iam a confident mechanic so can someone let us know the procedure , like do i drill from the underside ( webbing side ) so as its central or from the top :banghead i have got to end up with M10-3/8 clearance hole please someone out there tell us the best way of tackling as only get one go at it cheers john:drunk

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
You should be able to do it on the bike I would from underneath and dont let the bit scream threw it and scratch up you neck take your time small to big on the bits if you have to make a flat spot for a washer make sure it only washer size.double check your measurements you pretty much answered your own question.You must be putting somthing on there thats nice to drill your trees out what is it?
Paitence is your freind take your time and post pics of the process please thanks...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to do it on the bike I would from underneath and dont let the bit scream threw it and scratch up you neck take your time small to big on the bits if you have to make a flat spot for a washer make sure it only washer size.double check your measurements you pretty much answered your own question.You must be putting somthing on there thats nice to drill your trees out what is it?
Paitence is your freind take your time and post pics of the process please thanks...
nah not really just a small 4-1/2 " chrome custom light . just want to change her look from last year . ( dragbars to apes risers from 4-1/2 pullbacks to straights new grips with blinkers mounted in the ends and small rear and braided cables & brake hose ) then try and set my 42 mikuni up properly as flat spot half 2 full throttle it hesitates but once revs up flys and check my hi 4 ignition timing so as i said not much . john well thanks will have a go :drunk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts