Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been recently reminded that my back ain't what it used to be. So today, I ordered a matching Utopia backrest for my cop seat. They say it won't be shipped until Sept. 2. I'll be like a kid waiting on Christmas. Does anyone use a driver backrest, and if so, how do you like it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have been using them for years. They are on of the best and most necessary additions to a bike IMO. At least if a person is going to travel any distance at all. You will love it! :thumbsup

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I wouldn't ride without one again.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Just put one on my Danny Gray seat yesterday. 28 mile ride to work was nice, can't wait to try it out with some real miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You won't regret it. I've had one on all my bikes. When you done riding for the day it makes the night more enjoyable.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'd love to find one for my 97 FXSTC.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,722 Posts
I have a Corbin seat with removable backrest . I love it and I miss it when me and the wife ride 2 up .

Wife's padding is higher up on my Back .... LOL

But good

·
Registered
803 Posts
Bought my ultra three months ago and it came with a removable one that the former owner never used. About a month ago I put it on to see how it felt, have not taken it off since.

·
Registered
236 Posts
When I ordered my new bike it was one of the first add ons needed wouldent ride without one its a back saver.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Had mine about a year, mainly for highway use. Enabled these old bones to log a 740 mile day last earlier this month.

--

·
Registered
926 Posts
Put mine on this spring . Took a trip and rode around 1800 miles. Then took it of for about 50 miles. I pulled into the closest rest area and put it back on. Finished the Lars 1000 miles of the trip. I won't even take it off for the complicated one .

·
Registered
710 Posts
Love mine , it's way more comfortable for me to ride with it on. Doesn't matter city or on long trips it's always on.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
I have the Utopia backrest and think that it is great. No more feeling like you are sliding off the back edge of the police seat. Installation is really easy, simple hand tools are all you need. The bracket is very stout so you can lean back against it to stretch your back and pop a couple of vertebra if you get stiff. (stiff back & shoulders, not a stiffy) A backrest will also allow you to relax your grip on the handlebars making you more comfortable too.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
What everybody else said and I found it has the benefit of saving my tail bone and not giving me DEAD ASS. It keeps me sitting upright instead of slouched over and really helps.
When you try it you will sit down and drink a beer and wonder why you waited so long.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
I have a 2009 Dyna Super Glide. It does not have a backrest, but the luggage that I mount on the sissy bar acts like a backrest. It is very supportive and comfortable. Especially at higher speeds. I'm sure that a dedicated backrest would be even better.

The other day I rode the bike to the local shop for some fork work. I left the luggage at home. I was amazed how much I missed the luggage supporting my back.

Pete

I've been recently reminded that my back ain't what it used to be. So today, I ordered a matching Utopia backrest for my cop seat. They say it won't be shipped until Sept. 2. I'll be like a kid waiting on Christmas. Does anyone use a driver backrest, and if so, how do you like it?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,522 Posts
I have one off of an old copcycle, and it is one of those never go anywhere without items. It definitely extends my riding distance significantly.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts