Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an suggestion for a nice looking Drivers Back rest for a 06 Deluxe:confused:
I'd like to be able to ride solo as well as two up.

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
I would go with a 'quick detach'. I've had one on each of my bikes. If the woman don't go neither does the back rest.

·
Registered
411 Posts
For a nice lookin driver backrest look at some of the selection of seats Custom Chrome have with removable Rider and Pillion backrest that are built into the seat itself, not bolted to the bike with any hardware.
Not sure the brand name - cant remember right now - but search thier site maybe. Or try Le Pera.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kind'a like the original seat.. Looking for some bolt on, eazy to remove, good looking, cheap, practical, functional stuff. Who has that?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunally true...

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can switch out the back rail of the Deluxe Seat for a Springer backrail, and then add a springer backrest. Can stay on while 2 up or solo.

ALso keeps the bike looking just like it is, only difference is a double rail on the springer, versus a single on the deluxe.

I did this on my wifes Deluxe...Looks great, and she loves the back support

Remember, Springer backrest comes in 2 sizes...short, and tall..Tall is much better

If you need adjustment forward, yuou can add a spacer under the center bar of the rail...this will move the backrest forward in a tilting motion. I added a 3/4 inch chrome spacer for the wife, but she is short, I am 6 ft, and did not need it adjusted at all from original.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, The Springer rail seems impossible to get hold of. At least over here in Europe...
Where did you got yours?
Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't know about the Deluxe but I have A Mustang front and back seat with a driver's backrest for my Train quick and easy to remove and comfy as can be
:D :ride :dance

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys,

Finally decided for an 'Corbin Solo Close' with Backrest. Got it two weeks ago and during the test ride found out that it was JUST GREAT!
It was like riding a new bike!

But sadly I got so overwhelmed that I forgot to keep my legal speed... Got trapped by a 'lasercop' and they revoked my driver license for three months!

After a loong winter spring appeares and NO LICENSE! Very sad...

·
Registered
42,939 Posts
Damm if that dont suck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.