Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm dealing on a backrest for my 96 uc/eg.. i found one adjustable with the cable,the guy says it fit his 2001,he sent me pic's and the mount looks the same..does anybody know what the difference might be or with some miner re-work can i make it fit.

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i bought it,gonna try it,paid $100.00 for it,will pick it up sunday
for the money couldn't pass it up....

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
hope it works out fine

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks,i'll let everybody know how it goes..:thumbsup

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,009 Posts
I'm not sure what the big deal is...the dealer told me my old seat and mount wouldn't come off of the '04 and fit on the '11 model. I've been riding it for 2 years now and it hasn't fallen off yet. All of those other parts that "wouldn't fit" are doing fine, too.
good luck with the backrest. I wouldn't travel without mine.

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i miss the one on my old bike,been looking for awhile....
hopefully this will work,the only difference i see is where the bolt
mounts by the tool tray the tab on the bracket might be bent a little different but thats it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like you got it under control. Also remember that a hammer can make that metal fit just the way you would like. I couldn't ride without mine.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have, and had, rider's backrests on all my bikes ... including my '13 SG. I have 'issues' with my back, neck, elbows ... yada, yada. Just freaking old !

I was hesitant using HDs rider's backrest on the oem saddle, but I gotta tell ya ... it works very well and I'm happy. I sit on this bike like I sit on my Wing. And, the saddle is very, very comfy .. which is extremely surprising to me based on previous HDs I've owned.

You got a good deal on the BR that you can fiddle with. But, the "normal" one works fine, too, IMO.

I know some of my riding buds don't like the way the rider's backrest looks on the bike, but I'm way over how things look. I'm in for riding comfort and function. Those old days of "how do I look" are way passed gone.

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It FITS!!!
just got it,and installed it....it feels so GREAT!!

the only hang up was,on the 96 where the lever hsg is to be mounted on the l/h side behind the engine,the cruse cable is mounted there so it can not go there.in my case i took the cbl off
as the back rest is right where it needs to be and all is well!!:nod

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,009 Posts
I sort of figured it would fit. Now enjoy. Those back rests are just great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts