VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
easiest thing is replace it chris

·
Registered
419 Posts
This is the perfect opportunity to replace both of them with
chrome levers...

That's the way I see it, an opportunity to upgrade.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
43,153 Posts
That would be the easy fix.

The cheap fix would be to get some sand paper and smooth out the gouges.

Cheaper yet, just run it as is.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Easy enough to start with #320 and work your way into #1000. Cut in strips, use water, and do it like you're shining shoes.
Or, live with it. Now it's got a ding, and you can quit worrying.

·
Registered
43,153 Posts
Looks like polished aluminum to me.

Chrome levers ~$100 (for the pair)
Aluminum ~ $30 (Brake side only)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Harley only puts chrome levers on CVO models. Too many millions of dollars in Genuine H.D. Peg board chrome lever sales at stake.

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
What already been said, fix it. Mine was twice as bad. Used a fine file for the gouges, 280 to 400 paper & water. Worked it on buds bench polisher. Looks better than new.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,055 Posts
Ebay is your friend. Varying quality on listings for chrome levers, but they are a lot cheaper than genuine Harley. Cheap enough to replace more than once If need be. Of course, you could leave it as is for a reminder to watch your azz. Chalk it up to patina. And make up a more imaginative story ( lie ) about how it happened. "Scraped on the front bumper of an 18-wheeler when I had to tuck in quick to avoid a head-on with an oncoming Porsche I had misjudged closing speed on." You know -- the usual.

--

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,055 Posts
Believe it or not I was trying to carry a gas can while riding it wich caused me to lose control...good thing I was going slow speed
:eek

I got nuthin for ya.

--

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'd say go with BLACK ones ;) Did this to mine, and oh MAN what an awesome difference it made!

And yeah dude... physically carrying items while riding is highly inadvisable. I've only been riding for 3 years, but i think I can confidently say that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts