Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a DTC code of B1006 after installing a load equalizer for led lights? All my indications and voltage on the gauge and with a meter are perfect with no other problems. I know its an over voltage code but is the load equalizer creating a false indication to the ECM? Or is this a nuisance fault code caused by the equalizer? I just decided to check for codes before my trip as a precaution no other reason and not real worried either.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can clear the code no problem but when the bike is started it comes back, the only thing I didnt do is unplug the equalizer and clear it to see if it comes back. Will do that if I have time.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I unplugged the load equalizer and ran the bike---code gone plugged it back in and there it was. My thinking on this is that the load equalizer creates resistance to slow down the blinker speed but probably not enough resistance to satisfy the ECM. If the ECM doesn't see enough load or resistance for 10 seconds it will fault for an over voltage.
No big deal I'm over it , just wanted to put it out there so those of you using a load equalizer and run into this DTC code that the equalizer may be the cause.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
My 2005 did that after I installed the load equalizer. The one I used was the solid state one from Badlands. It didn't do it all the time but randomly.

I installed the same one (literally the same one, I stripped it before I traded) on my 2011 and haven't had any problems.

Try re-installing the load equalizer with the maxi fuse out then re-install the fuse. The equalizer could be spiking when it is plugged in.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is badlands also and I'm not saying their product is bad or defective. I just mean when Harley designs a system to work with their ECM and components for certain loads/resistances and we change to after market parts there is a trade off. After market parts are good but in most cases can be used in several applications, and they usually work well BUT they aren't factory parts. I can live with the code knowing I don't have a problem , I'm real good about watching my gauges anyway. when I installed the load equalizer the battery was disconnected and I may have had that code since installation just never really checked for codes.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed fronts and rear to custom light assemblies and also the 4 gauges that were incandescent to LEDs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.